Dancing on the Nieuw Statendam & Rotterdam

bandp407

Hello Fellow Cruisers, 

Considering either in the Caribbean for November, preferably the Rotterdam . I did see dance floors in all of the Music Venues, including the Ocean Bar. Is there once again dancing in the Ocean Bar? How about a DJ in BB King Lounge after their sets are over? Is there piped in music or a DJ by the Sea View Pool? Also noticed a dance floor in Billboard Onboard. Can anyone who has recently been or who is onboard comment? 

Many thanks in advance! 

11 minutes ago, tompeter said:

I was on for 10 days in December, never saw music in Ocean bar. There was the DJ in BB Kings space after sets.

Thank you. It’s unfortunate HAL has not brought in some form of pre dinner/ show music. 

• Like 1

Ocean Bar in the non-Pinnacle ships has live music in the evenings suitable for dancing and carrying on conversations while having a drink.  Usually, three sets per night I recall.

~Nancy

10 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

BB King's has dancing most sea days 5pm which could work for pre-dinner. This is from last month on Nieuw Statendam. 

20240116_013145.thumb.jpg.2c0fb194bfafaa08a45d90bf5d82517f.jpg

20240116_013313.thumb.jpg.e58283c515765c98ca97c797fe96a004.jpg

20240116_013258.thumb.jpg.16a02df2f30f32993b15ddc20769bd1b.jpg

Haljo1935, Thank you so very much for posting all of this! Happy Cruising! 

• Like 1

When I was on Rotterdam in November 2022, I didn't see that there was a band in the Ocean Bar!  We had a very good band on Nieuw Amsterdam in October 2022.  That's great there is a band in there now!!

~Nancy

We were on the Rotterdam in Oct.-Nov. and enjoyed watching the dancing in the BB King area from 5-6pm. We sat above on Deck 3. There was one couple that looked very professional and it was so much fun watching them.

• Like 1

Just off the Nieuw Statendam ( Jan. 14th ). There was continuous music in BB Kings Dance Club, the band was fabulous. Also continuous music    and dancing in the Billboard Lounge. Good band there too.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, skrufy said:

Just off the Nieuw Statendam ( Jan. 14th ). There was continuous music in BB Kings Dance Club, the band was fabulous. Also continuous music    and dancing in the Billboard Lounge. Good band there too.

WOW!! Thank you so very much for posting this! Will definitely consider the NS or the Rotterdam. Hope you had a wonderful cruise & have another shortly. Thank you again!