Best way to get from ship to SF Airport in April?

SakeDad

9 minutes ago, SakeDad said:

Are they readily available when you get off or do you need to order them from the ship?

The common recommendation here is to walk a short distance from the Terminal area, then summon. Uber and Lyft are very popular and common in SF.

• Thanks 1

Uber or Lyft is your best choice.  CruiserBruce nailed it on just walk to the other side of the street and maybe down a side street a little to avoid the crowd.  I make the same suggestion for San Diego all the time.  I don't see a reason to order in advance as they are all over the place.  

4 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Uber or Lyft is your best choice.  CruiserBruce nailed it on just walk to the other side of the street and maybe down a side street a little to avoid the crowd.  I make the same suggestion for San Diego all the time.  I don't see a reason to order in advance as they are all over the place.  

If a ride is requested in advance then there is a surcharge. I use Lyft.  In most situations, I get a car within a few minutes.

9 hours ago, damiross said:

If a ride is requested in advance then there is a surcharge. I use Lyft.  In most situations, I get a car within a few minutes.

Normally I would agree but last year at San Pedro people were waiting 20-30 minutes for their ride shares and some couldn’t even get drivers to confirm. We walked right out and had our ride in a few minutes. If it’s a high volume event I would RSVP. We had the same thing happen in Paris, one night I found no Uber available for about 30 minutes. For the next night I RSVP’ed in the afternoon.