Ultimate Balcony Dining

57eric

11 minutes ago, 57eric said:

Is there any advantage to booking the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast or Dinner before boarding?  Can I select the dates, or are they chosen by Princess?

Do you have a travel agent? If yes, she can request a date for the Ultimate Balcony Dinner when she books it for you. However, you'll still want to call room service first thing when you board to confirm the details of your dinner. They will ask you several questions of your preferences. 

If you're not using a travel agent, I would book the dinner and then contact the Princess chat line to see if they can insert a date on the reservation.

19 minutes ago, 57eric said:

Is there any advantage to booking the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast or Dinner before boarding?  Can I select the dates, or are they chosen by Princess?

There is an area that you can insert Date and time when you book it.  Just a message area.

However, you can change it once OB.  RS will contact you to see if you want to change the date and take your orders for the meal.  

I sometimes check the weather in port to see if it’s good too.

I book it ahead, in case of price increases and availability.  Never had a problem changing it around, depends on how many UBD are scheduled on your night.  

We booked in advance with a specific date. However, once we are on board they contacted us to ask which date we preferred.  (We went with the original date, but it would have been easy to change.). Our waiter also visited our stateroom a few days in advance to discuss our preferences for the meal to make sure it was exactly what we wanted.

I strongly recommend the balcony dinner.  It was one of the highlights of our cruise!  (Fortunately the weather was perfect.)

• Like 1

Has anyone ever tried to do the Ultimate Balcony Dinner with more than two people in the newer ships that have the small balconies?  If so, how is it done?  Would love to do this but we have 3 people on the Enchanted in April and that balcony is pretty small.

10 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

Has anyone ever tried to do the Ultimate Balcony Dinner with more than two people in the newer ships that have the small balconies?  If so, how is it done?  Would love to do this but we have 3 people on the Enchanted in April and that balcony is pretty small.

I'm very interested in this, too. How do you arrange for three people for the UBD?

On 1/17/2024 at 6:18 PM, SKCruiser007 said:

Don't forget to look at your itinerary map and deck plan for the ship to schedule the dinner on a day that your cabin will be on the sunset side. 

Does the server drop the meal off and leave or do they stay and serve? TIA

• Like 1