Trying to book cruise…can’t get anyone

MarcsSharon

So..tried to book a cruise on the website..got a message to try again later and tried contact and left our info. Called Princess..and got message saying leave a message. 
What gives…credit card at the ready and can’t book.

Anyone else having trouble? 

Their website is somewhat overprotective with regard to thinking users might be a bot trying to do something.

Are you using a browser like Firefox? I specifically have issues with the princess.com website with Firefox if Enhanced Tracking Protection is enabled on the site. In firefox, you can tell if it's enabled by looking at the address bar and there will be a purpley-blue shield to the left of the domain, like below:

image.png.47622310822188c81ff057de1fd7df27.png

If you click the shield and disable the tracking protection, then refresh the princess.com site, you should have better luck. This does not disable https:// or SSL protection or anything that would make your connection to their website insecure. It's just an added layer of tracking protection that Firefox has.

A couple other tips from behaviors I have noticed on their website:

If you're trying to login and you know for a fact your user name and password are being entered correctly but you get the cannot login at this time error after clicking login over and over again, try these 2 things:

1. If you're using a password manager and it auto-fills your login credentials, wait 10 seconds or thereabouts after your login is filled into the username and password field before clicking the login.

2. If you have an adblocker, disable it on Princess.com unless you have really examined what it's blocking and unfilter things one item at a time until the site works, which you can do if you're patient.

*Disabling the ad blocker can sometimes bring back the live chat option. I've noticed sometimes it hides for me if I have it enabled, and sometimes it's there (even during "open hours")

I don't use Chrome, Edge, or Safari so I don't have any browser specific tips for those, but the same thing about the other things above would apply.

Also, if you're on a VPN - you might have a hard time getting payment through on those since the banks can be pretty strict.

Alternatively, a good travel agent can take care of your booking worry free. 🙂

Hope this helps!

I had an issue getting logged in. I use Last Pass that automagically fills the user name/password. DH's account...no problem. My account...got "sorry, try again later", over and over.

I clicked on "forgot my password" and when offered to change it, I entered the same password. TA DA!

Fixed it.