Ruby Review Day 1

Sulialto

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Sulialto was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Boarded Ruby yesterday🛳️ 

On board at 10:40am! Went directly to the Sanctuary & secured front row lounges for all the times we wanted to- INCLUDING the canal! Secured a spot for the Caymus Wine Pairing Dinner, all by 11:30am. Lunch in Reserve Dining in MDR was delicious & love our servers David & Kevin. Rooms ready at 12:30. 
1st dinner excellent & always recommend the Pot Roast (never disappoints) & of course soufflé & crème brûlée! Fun games in Explorers Lounge, especially loved Musical Bingo! Off to an outstanding start!

IMG_1873.jpeg

IMG_1872.jpeg

• Like 7

Thanks for starting your live thread with pictures. We will be following along as we board the Ruby Princess starting March 9th to the southern Caribbean for two weeks. Have a great voyage to the Panama Canal. 

We remember being with you on the Sky Princess back in Feb. 2023, you are a fun couple to hang out with.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Edited by Kenosha Cruiser

2 hours ago, Kenosha Cruiser said:

Thanks for starting your live thread with pictures. We will be following along as we board the Ruby Princess starting March 9th to the southern Caribbean for two weeks. Have a great voyage to the Panama Canal. 

We remember being with you on the Sky Princess back in Feb. 2023, you are a fun couple to hang out with.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Hi guys!! Too bad we missed each other this time! Will to my best to keep up with the posts! We had a terrific M&M this morning! Great crowd & crew! All is really good so far! All good up to par! Service outstanding! 

Shout out to ALL the Fabulous Officers & Crew on Ruby Princess! Cruise is soo good! And of course we have the best Director of Entertainment/Cruise Director/ everything else she does - Natalie! How much more can we ask for?!!! #cruisedirector #cruisedirectornatalie #directorofentertainmentnatalie

IMG_3142.jpeg

IMG_3155.jpeg

Edited by Sulialto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing.  For our upcoming Ruby trip (the end of Feb) - how is the "casual dining meals" working out?  Gastro Pub, Vines, any other venues on the Ruby?  What are the hours that these meals are available, and how crowded do they get?

If you get a chance, please post a picture of the officers of the Ruby Princess. I know they have a photo frame hanging somewhere near the piazza of them. I assume Natalie is the "Cruise Director". I'm not familiar with her, glad to hear you like her.  

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

1 hour ago, Kenosha Cruiser said:

If you get a chance, please post a picture of the officers of the Ruby Princess. I know they have a photo frame hanging somewhere near the piazza of them. I assume Natalie is the "Cruise Director". I'm not familiar with her, glad to hear you like her.  

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

IMG_1918.thumb.jpeg.91663d8921e011dc74f8df7dc7797d22.jpegcurrent officers as of January 20, 2024

Ruby Day 2 at Sea

Quick recap - great day at sea yesterday- totally smooth sailing! Nice variety & fast service in the International Cafe for breakfast. Best Meet & Mingle to date! Met a well known(in the cruise industry) Cruise Director (now Director of Entertainment), Natalie. Afternoon watched a Michael Bublé concert then the Ravens & Cowboys on the Movies under the Stars Screen. Platinum & Elite lounge service outstanding & nice snacks. Delicious dinner in MDR - We had the Red Snapper & Beef Tenderloin. Fun evening Yes/No game show & then Wheelhouse Bar for music - came back looked at stars from the balcony. What more can you ask for?!

IMG_3142.jpeg

IMG_3155.jpeg

IMG_1901.jpeg

IMG_1912.jpeg

IMG_1913.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sulialto said:

IMG_1918.thumb.jpeg.91663d8921e011dc74f8df7dc7797d22.jpegcurrent officers as of January 20, 2024

Thanks Susan & Paul for posting the pictures of the officers on the Ruby Princess. I will post this picture on our roll call of March 9th on the Ruby. It's nice to know who the captain and cruise director might be when we board. Have a wonderful cruise and we will be following along. 

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kenosha Cruiser said:

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Natalie is acting as the cruise director while the new one gets over an illness. Natalie was actually promoted to Entertainment Director and will be moving to another ship. Ruby had just come from 13th in the fleet to 2nd! Outstanding new crew❤️

1 hour ago, Kenosha Cruiser said:

Thanks Susan & Paul for posting the pictures of the officers on the Ruby Princess. I will post this picture on our roll call of March 9th on the Ruby. It's nice to know who the captain and cruise director might be when we board. Have a wonderful cruise and we will be following along. 

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

...and hopefully when we board in Sept, we will have the same crew! 

1 hour ago, Sulialto said:

Natalie is acting as the cruise director while the new one gets over an illness. Natalie was actually promoted to Entertainment Director and will be moving to another ship. Ruby had just come from 13th in the fleet to 2nd! Outstanding new crew❤️

How does one learn of the placements in the fleet? I had an interesting conversation with a bartender when on the Grand in September 2022. He was thrilled to be on the Grand and had just transferred from the Emerald.

Thx

Ruby Day 3 Falmouth Jamaica
MDR breakfast, delicious (eggs Benedict for me & yogurt & fruit for my husband). Beautiful weather, lovely clean and friendly port - ventured outside the company and found the towns people to be very welcoming & not pushy. Back on board ship was pretty empty ❤️. Dinner Crown Grill totally the best we’ve had in any Crown Grill. We had the Porterhouse & Rib Eye plus sides & indulgent dessert! Good entertainment throughout the ship. PS - if you can secure the Sanctuary, it’s fabulous!!

IMG_1927.jpeg

IMG_1930.jpeg

IMG_1931.jpeg

IMG_1935.jpeg

IMG_1942.jpeg

IMG_1948.jpeg

IMG_1951.jpeg

IMG_1962.jpeg

IMG_1965.jpeg

IMG_1966.jpeg

IMG_1967.jpeg

IMG_1968.jpeg

IMG_1969.jpeg

• Like 1

Ruby Day 4 at sea
Rock & Roll!
Well, “we” had a fabulous day, but for some it was a tad rough. Beautiful weather but with 20ft rolling seas. Lots of on board activities and outstanding food & service as usual. Spent nice time speaking with the new Hotel General Manager, Shane. Super nice guy & very knowledgeable- a good addition to Ruby.

IMG_1999.jpeg

IMG_2001.jpeg

IMG_2019.jpeg

IMG_2020.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sulialto said:

Ruby Day 4 at sea
Rock & Roll!
Well, “we” had a fabulous day, but for some it was a tad rough. Beautiful weather but with 20ft rolling seas. Lots of on board activities and outstanding food & service as usual. Spent nice time speaking with the new Hotel General Manager, Shane. Super nice guy & very knowledgeable- a good addition to Ruby.

IMG_1999.jpeg

IMG_2001.jpeg

IMG_2019.jpeg

IMG_2020.jpeg

Ruby Day 5 Cartegena, CO
Beautiful morning & arrival - We took the Princess excursion “Best of  Cartegena” a busy half day hitting all the Cartegena sights. Surprised that the locals were really not as pushy as we expected- they approach you, you say, no thank you & they go away! Don’t miss the beautiful green space at the port entrance/exit - local flora, fauna and wild animals in an open setting. Also a large, very nice (but more $ than in town) gift shop. PS dinner on board, delicious (albeit different) beef stroganoff 👍🏻

IMG_2031.jpeg

IMG_2048.jpeg

IMG_2054.jpeg

IMG_2072.jpeg

IMG_2076.jpeg

IMG_2077.jpeg

IMG_2081.jpeg

IMG_2085.jpeg

IMG_2086.jpeg

IMG_2096.jpeg

IMG_2105.jpeg

IMG_2106.jpeg

IMG_2116.jpeg

IMG_2135.jpeg

IMG_2138.jpeg

IMG_2148.jpeg

IMG_2156.jpeg

IMG_2160.jpeg

IMG_2164.jpeg

IMG_2165.jpeg

IMG_2169.jpeg

IMG_2170.jpeg

• Like 1

Day 6 Panama Canal

The Cruise Gods were good to us with an extra hour sleep before entering the canal! All proceeded smoothly with perfect (albeit HOT) weather. We chose to be in The Sanctuary, where they provided a continental breakfast & mimosas! Great panoramic views! That said there is abundant good viewing around the ship. For those on the “secret platform” there  was a good amount of room and the afternoon return through the locks was pretty spacious. Sorry I forgot to take a pic of the menus! I had fajitas & Paul had Kingklip fish, unfamiliar but good.

IMG_2180.jpeg

IMG_2184.jpeg

IMG_2192.jpeg

IMG_2194.jpeg

IMG_2215.jpeg

IMG_2227.jpeg

IMG_2254.jpeg

IMG_2271.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TravelMex said:

We will be on this Cruise Feb 18th.  How many formal nights and which days were they?

2, the 1st & last sea day. Also tonight (Limon) is 80’s themed night.

• Like 1

Day 7, 8, 9 Ruby

oh gosh, I could never be a vlogger or blogger! We’ve had a terrific time & too busy to post! Here’s a quick recap! We’ve had some rough seas for the Caribbean! But all calm now - that said, it didn’t impede any of our enjoyment! Ruby looks great, and the crew is outstanding. Food has all been top notch! Posting the remaining menus I have. Pics from the Caymus Wine dinner & menu as well. Happy to answer anything I’m able beyond that.😉 Cheers!

IMG_2332.jpeg

IMG_2335.jpeg

IMG_2336.jpeg

IMG_2337.jpeg

IMG_2342.jpeg

IMG_2344.jpeg

IMG_2346.jpeg

IMG_2349.jpeg

IMG_2353.jpeg

IMG_2355.jpeg

IMG_2356.jpeg

IMG_2361.jpeg