Enchanted Princess balcony L301

themob

I would someone to describe the balcony on this room as the deck plan shows as a larger balcony.Please if anyone has stayed in this room give me the pros and cons, would like photos or videos also. Thanks

I have never stayed in it, but considered it once. I was concerned about noise from the automatic door going onto the deck that opens and closes every time someone approaches.  All of the ships have cabins at this same location so maybe someone whose has actually stayed in one will offer info.

• Like 1

We stayed in this cabin on Royal Princess a number of years ago.  It’s basically a standard balcony cabin with an extended balcony that juts out.  Location was fine for us because we like Lido deck.  We only had this type of cabin once and then booked either a deluxe balcony or mini suite on Lido.  The only con I can think of is that the cabin is just too small for our needs.  We like having a sofa.  Have you tried searching videos on YouTube?

I stayed in L301 on the Sky.  I loved the location.  I would take this cabin anytime. The balcony is angled so bigger than a regular balcony, the cabin is the same size as regular balcony cabins.  Balcony is covered.

You are only a few steps to the elevator, Lido automatic door to hamburger, pizza, bar, lounge chairs, ice cream, pool/hot tubs, buffet.

The first night, the door to the hallway was closed so we did hear people letting the door go and the door would slam. People hold the hallway or cabin doors so they don’t slam.  After the first night, when we returned to our cabin at night, I would leave the hallway door open.  We did not hear any noise after leaving the door open.

We rarely heard any people going down the hallway.  If people talk in any hallway, you would hear them whichever cabin you had.  We did not hear noise from people walking to the Lido doors or above us.

here are some pictures - 

#1 & 2 - looking left to Captain bridge (you can see balcony space of regular balcony)

#3 - looking down

#4 - balcony (taken from door)

A0E5BBFA-FDC5-450C-ABCF-4499A537FB12.thumb.jpeg.e524502b46d9160fcde84119403cab16.jpeg538E4EBB-5B47-4779-9526-7471BB18A03C.thumb.jpeg.bbff6cc3cf1fe0fed399040efb46a361.jpegE0784AFF-614F-4EEC-BD06-E51D5416653A.thumb.jpeg.cb828ac1714e8b6f14b1635b90ce1f23.jpegC48603BB-5E12-4B51-A15A-69B432CD5590.thumb.jpeg.fcb67f5535bf5189297156311baf806c.jpeg

Edited by phabric
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, poindexter said:

I have never stayed in it, but considered it once. I was concerned about noise from the automatic door going onto the deck that opens and closes every time someone approaches.  All of the ships have cabins at this same location so maybe someone whose has actually stayed in one will offer info.

Actually, the noise from the door was never an issue for us.  We found this location to be decently quiet.  I think most people used the other elevators because these are so far forward.  Also, not many people walking by unless their cabin was also on Lido.  We find this area to be very quiet at night.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2024 at 11:28 AM, phabric said:

I stayed in L301 on the Sky.  I loved the location.  I would take this cabin anytime. The balcony is angled so bigger than a regular balcony, the cabin is the same size as regular balcony cabins.  Balcony is covered.

You are only a few steps to the elevator, Lido automatic door to hamburger, pizza, bar, lounge chairs, ice cream, pool/hot tubs, buffet.

The first night, the door to the hallway was closed so we did hear people letting the door go and the door would slam. People hold the hallway or cabin doors so they don’t slam.  After the first night, when we returned to our cabin at night, I would leave the hallway door open.  We did not hear any noise after leaving the door open.

We rarely heard any people going down the hallway.  If people talk in any hallway, you would hear them whichever cabin you had.  We did not hear noise from people walking to the Lido doors or above us.

here are some pictures - 

#1 & 2 - looking left to Captain bridge (you can see balcony space of regular balcony)

#3 - looking down

#4 - balcony (taken from door)

A0E5BBFA-FDC5-450C-ABCF-4499A537FB12.thumb.jpeg.e524502b46d9160fcde84119403cab16.jpeg538E4EBB-5B47-4779-9526-7471BB18A03C.thumb.jpeg.bbff6cc3cf1fe0fed399040efb46a361.jpegE0784AFF-614F-4EEC-BD06-E51D5416653A.thumb.jpeg.cb828ac1714e8b6f14b1635b90ce1f23.jpegC48603BB-5E12-4B51-A15A-69B432CD5590.thumb.jpeg.fcb67f5535bf5189297156311baf806c.jpeg

Thank you so much,I will buy a drink if we ever cruise together😋

There are pros and cons to L301 and L302. The pro is the location, if you like being near the pools, bar and outdoor entertainment. The con is the location, being near the pools, bar and outdoor entertainment. Honestly though, I think the noise issues would vary by itinerary and guests on board.

My friend was in L301 and I was in L302 last August/September for a 21 day Med Cruise. She ended up moving cabins due to being a light sleeper. I stuck it out for the duration. When there's a DJ and exuberant party atmosphere by the pool, you will hear it inside your cabin.

The good thing is most of the parties with DJs or live music are only 45 minutes long. In my experience, the latest one ended at 10:50 p.m. During that time, you might be like me - one night I put on a bathrobe and went to watch everyone having a good time. Or you might be like my friend and request a room reassignment. Several large groups of rather loud guests did congregate by the elevator a few times, but I just turned the volume up on my TV until they left.

So it comes down to personal preference, time of year (summer will be more festive than winter sailings), etc.

Whatever you choose to do, enjoy your cruise!