Thinking of jumping ship

10 minutes ago, charliedalrymple said:

Viking does not allow children either (along with being very expensive).

I think we will try Virgin and HAL for our next couple of cruises.  Geriatric sounds fine to me when compared with the alternative.

Do the research. We were interested in Virgin until I learned of the "activities" on the ship. However, we love their airline, Virgin Atlantic.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nini said:

Do the research. We were interested in Virgin until I learned of the "activities" on the ship. However, we love their airline, Virgin Atlantic.

Oh, you’ve piqued my interest .. now I have to go do my research.  It may deter me from trying that line as we live a pretty conservative lifestyle.  Even Celebrity hosts Bliss cruises, which had to be explained to me.  Imagine booking that without knowing what you’d be getting yourself into.  

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Oh, you’ve piqued my interest .. now I have to go do my research.  It may deter me from trying that line as we live a pretty conservative lifestyle.  Even Celebrity hosts Bliss cruises, which had to be explained to me.  Imagine booking that without knowing what you’d be getting yourself into.  

lol Bliss cruises are 100% chartered and all passengers must sign a contract and acknowledgment in regards to behaviour prior to booking.  Only same sex couples, no singles allowed.  No other guests are booked on these cruises, so no worries about being surprised on your cruise.  Staff and crew are given the opportunity to not be onboard during these cruises without penalty or loss of employment.  We sailed on Equinox after one of these charters and a crew member explained it all to us.  Certainly not for us!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

lol Bliss cruises are 100% chartered and all passengers must sign a contract and acknowledgment in regards to behaviour prior to booking.  Only same sex couples, no singles allowed.  No other guests are booked on these cruises, so no worries about being surprised on your cruise.  Staff and crew are given the opportunity to not be onboard during these cruises without penalty or loss of employment.  We sailed on Equinox after one of these charters and a crew member explained it all to us.  Certainly not for us!

Good to know … certainly not us, either!  

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2024 at 2:20 PM, Wishing on a star said:

Some of the best music we have seen on Princess has NOT been the onboard scheduled entertainers.  But when the ships staff, those who play instruments and sing, get together and put on a show one night.  The first time we saw this take place was on the Regal, pre-pandemic.

They hyped up the show, they were gonna have ROCK music in the Piazza, and they were gonna play it loud, as god intended.  OMG, it was great!!!!!

Another time, it was a similar occurrence.  They were setting up in the Piazza that afternoon, and doing 20 second clips of songs to make sure everything was good to go...  It was like  "More!!!  More!!!...

We were on Regal when they did that; probably the best entertainment we’ve ever seen on a ship. And to think it was all crew members!

On 1/24/2024 at 9:02 AM, richsea said:

We were on Regal when they did that; probably the best entertainment we’ve ever seen on a ship. And to think it was all crew members!

Our recent trip on Regal featured some "mashup" bands, with one composed of almost all of the ship's musical entertainers (including the violinist and steel pan player!) for a wide variety of music from pop to Latin to classical.

The other, on the last night, was a "Tribute to Rock" that also combined the "party band," the theater's band, and others, along with guest vocals on some songs from crew members. It was a good time.