Excursion Waitlist

19 minutes ago, C & C Love to Cruise said:

How does this work?  I am on waitlist for an excusion.  Will they email me or do I have to log into my account every day to see if it is avaliable?

I was on an excursion waitlist a few weeks ago.   One night I received an email from Princess - an updated booking summary showing money owed.  It was for the cleared excursion.  The letter advised I had 48 hours to pay for the excursion.

good luck!

57 minutes ago, C & C Love to Cruise said:

How does this work?  I am on waitlist for an excusion.  Will they email me or do I have to log into my account every day to see if it is avaliable?

Ive been on multiple waitlisted excursions.  Ive been notified by email that I cleared the list and time to pay up and also had to wait until onboard to discover we cleared the list.  In those cases we didn't know until we saw the tour tickets on the cabin desk upon boarding.   

1 hour ago, Therese S. said:

Ive been on multiple waitlisted excursions.  Ive been notified by email that I cleared the list and time to pay up and also had to wait until onboard to discover we cleared the list.  In those cases we didn't know until we saw the tour tickets on the cabin desk upon boarding.   

That's interesting that they would issue tickets before actual payment...

5 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Oh... Princess does charge the credit card on file and if no logerr interested you have to go to the excursions desk to have charges removed.  On our recent California Coastal cruise, we were wait listed for the Getty museum/Santa Monica tour.  Didn't know we made the cut until we got on board and saw our tickets and was very happy about it. 

5 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

You never pay for excursions onboard before receiving tickets. Excursions are charged to your onboard folio and charged to your credit card at the end of the cruise, after deducting any OBC. Prepayment is only for excursions booked before sailing.

Note that you can only receive a refund if you cancel before the cancellation deadline - normally two days before the excursion. You may clear after the deadline for cancellation, since some people don't cancel until right before the deadline.

8 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

How do you get on a wait list before the cruise?  The excursion I am interested is sold out.  No way to add us to a waitlist online.  

I have seen the option online a few times, but not often.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

When excusions open up a few months before the cruise, I got an email saying I could book excusions.  When the excusion I wanted was booked, there was a link asking if I wanted to be on waitlist.  

7 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

• 3 months later...