Grand Concierge Lounge

BettyNL

43 minutes ago, BettyNL said:

What deck (where) is it located ??

Thanks ….

There isn't a concierge lounge on Grand, or any Grand class ship's or Island/coral, etc 

Concierge Lounge only in Royal class and newer. 

15 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

There isn't a concierge lounge on Grand, or any Grand class ship's or Island/coral, etc 

Concierge Lounge only in Royal class and newer. 

So if Im in a penthouse suite ….

45 minutes ago, BettyNL said:

So if Im in a penthouse suite ….on a Grand/GEM class ship...

And what is your questions?  Only the Royal/Sun class ships will have a concierge's lounge.  Neither the Grand nor a Grand class ship will have a separate lounge for suite passengers.  

59 minutes ago, BettyNL said:

Then you'll have a wonderful space and lots of perks to enjoy.

There is no concierge lounge on ships older than Royal Princess. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BettyNL said:

You will receive all the full suite benefits which includes the special full suite breakfast in Sabatini's, one of the best benefits, Reserve Class walk in prompt seating dining each evening and lunch on sea days. Specialty dining on the first evening and many other benefits. If you call the dine line your call will have priority. Enjoy your cruise.

As others have stated there is no special lounge for full suite passengers on the Grand Princess.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

I heard there may be a concierge phone service, and maybe a special gathering with some ship's officers. Don't know for sure.

Yes, there was (is) a special gathering cocktail hour with officers (usually on champagne night).  No direct concierge phone service.  You would need to chat  and have the message forwarded or request a phone call.  I did manage to “get” a direct line, but that was after working with events officer on several things.

1 hour ago, BettyNL said:

Thank you for all your responses......

Kind of disappointed not having a "private oasis" but will definitely enjoy the mentioned benefits !!

Did you choose this voyage for the ship or the itinerary?  How important is the concierge's lounge to you?  Enough to switch ships?  The concept of concierges did not appear until the new (Royal Class Ships) were built.  Disclaimer, I am 99% sure that I will not book a Royal Class Ship for myself.

Personally, I have not missed having the lounge.  The new ships are too big for my comfort and missing too many things from the Grand/GEM class ships.  The lounge is centrally located for mid-ship suites but far away for aft and forward suites to really make good use of them.  

If you have a beverage package, you may not need the lounge.  If you are elite in a suite, you will have 2 mini-bars and 2 bottles of water daily.  You will have access (although not as convenient as someone across the hall) to a concierge.  

You will be able to enjoy all of the other suite perks.  Have a wonderful time on the Grand.  She is oldER (like me), but still a wonderful ship.  Do be aware that she has mid-ship stairs to no where (crew area).

• Like 1

Princess has NOTHING like the “ship within a ship” for suites concept on any active ship right now. The concierge lounge on later Royal class ships is basically a small room. They finally caught on and are introducing that concept with The Sun (first sailing date to be determined later).

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser