B2B Clothes Left On Hangers Turn Over Day

Anybody that's been on a recent b2b cruise having to change cabins, were you still allowed to leave your clothes hanging up for the stateroom attendant to move? Heard you have to pack everything. We'll be on Oasis and wondered how this is handled now. 

We have but have heard from others that they don’t always do this and may depend on the ship.  We try to talk to our steward and the new steward the day before turnaround and find out what the plan is. It’s a whole lot easier if they do. If they only have a couple of luggage carts for the whole ship and a lot of people switching cabins it may not work out.  

On past cruises, we always asked our room steward what he/she preferred, and his/her answer was always, "No problem, I will move your hanging clothes and your packed suitcases to your new room." Very very convenient! On our next cruise, I will only need to move to the room right next door, so easy peasy!

• Thanks 1

I’ve been on three back-to-back cruises in the past two years where I had to change rooms. In every case I was asked to pack everything. There was never a mention of leaving hanging clothes on their hangers. 

If it’s something you want to do it’s worth discussing it with your room steward. It might happen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the reply's. Sounds like RCCL's consistent inconsistency still applies. For years our hangers were always moved for us. First time they didn't was last Oct. and that was a b3b. Big reason I wanted to know as it does have a little baring on how I pack and unpack. 

Fully understand if they don't do this anymore as b2b's have become so popular. Turnaround day is so busy for them. It was a nice perk while it lasted. 

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind
  • Like 1