Sticker Shock - Perfect Day at Coco Cay

Kmkub

With no kids to think of we have had a lovely day each time - head out to South Beach and get a chair and umbrella for the day.  Food nearby is free, bar is close if you need it and plenty of clean bathrooms.  There are beach games to use and a walk to the pool when you want a change of scenery.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CGinMTL said:

Stay on ship and do water slides onboard.

Cheaper and probably no lines 

( But they are probably closed while in Port :((

I am not aware of any Celebrity ship that has waterslides.

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Kmkub said:

I’ve been to a lot of water parks in my life, and have never paid the insane price that you have to pay to get into the private island’s waterpark. It’s “on sale,” for $152 pp right now. That’s about double what the expensive water parks in Orlando charge.

Has anyone done this park? Is it so over-the-top amazing that we should suck it up and pay the cost? I’m a roller coaster enthusiast who loves the water, so water parks and I are BFFs. I’m just not sure we’re $300 for one day BFFs

The pricing paradigm for Celebrity and other main cruise line is charge whatever the market will bear and pricing a water park for a captive audience is on a different scale than a water park accessed when not on a cruise (prove your home wi-fi service vs. what Celebrity charges).  The bottom line is they are  focused on their bottom line and there is obviously no ceiling to the price they will charge for anything. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, IDL said:

there is obviously no ceiling to the price they will charge for anything. 

Sure there is.  The ceiling is the point at which people stop buying.  When I see some of the prices for things like cabanas or the waterpark at CocoCay, I am amazed people pay those prices, yet clearly they do and often those things sell out.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, IDL said:

The pricing paradigm for Celebrity and other main cruise line is charge whatever the market will bear and pricing a water park for a captive audience is on a different scale than a water park accessed when not on a cruise (prove your home wi-fi service vs. what Celebrity charges).  The bottom line is they are  focused on their bottom line and there is obviously no ceiling to the price they will charge for anything. 

RCG's CEO (X's parent company and it should be noted there is no X CEO, Laura is only the President) says on their quarterly earning calls that they're increasing fares because they want to close the pricing gap with land resorts (nice excuse, why not give everyone free wifi like land resorts?) and as they increase the fares, they are surprised bookings don't drop.  If they want to raise fares, at least improve the passenger experience, but they don't beyond reversing some cutbacks, they instead apparently spend their revenue on TV commercials