Sticker Shock - Perfect Day at Coco Cay

Kmkub

I’ve been to a lot of water parks in my life, and have never paid the insane price that you have to pay to get into the private island’s waterpark. It’s “on sale,” for $152 pp right now. That’s about double what the expensive water parks in Orlando charge.

Has anyone done this park? Is it so over-the-top amazing that we should suck it up and pay the cost? I’m a roller coaster enthusiast who loves the water, so water parks and I are BFFs. I’m just not sure we’re $300 for one day BFFs

Edited by Kmkub
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are food, beverages, or seating with umbrellas included? I once paid $80 to lay in a hammock on that beach where Corona commercials are filmed. It included lunch and drinks... slept through all of it. But it was a perfect day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, SouKnoMe said:

Are food, beverages, or seating with umbrellas included? I once paid $80 to lay in a hammock on that beach where Corona commercials are filmed. It included lunch and drinks... slept through all of it. But it was a perfect day. 

Yes, burgers and dogs are included, but food has always been included on any line’s private island I’ve been to. It shouldn’t factor into the price. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kmkub said:

Yes, burgers and dogs are included, but food has always been included on any line’s private island I’ve been to. It shouldn’t factor into the price. 

Cost of living is a trip.  I can't call it.

As fun as the waterpark sounds (and I grew up going to Noah's Ark in the Wisconsin Dells, America's Largest Waterpark), we have never been able to swallow the price when we have visited CocoCay.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Kmkub said:

I’ve been to a lot of water parks in my life, and have never paid the insane price that you have to pay to get into the private island’s waterpark. It’s “on sale,” for $152 pp right now. That’s about double what the expensive water parks in Orlando charge.

Has anyone done this park? Is it so over-the-top amazing that we should suck it up and pay the cost? I’m a roller coaster enthusiast who loves the water, so water parks and I are BFFs. I’m just not sure we’re $300 for one day BFFs

Why isn’t this included with the private island port stop?

That cost is ridiculous and should be free

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The issue isn't the price, the issue is people are paying it!  Same with RC new ship Icon. The cost for an Inside cabin is crazy!  However for now they are selling. So if they can get the $$ they will.  To answer your question no it's not worth the price IMO!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

That cost is ridiculous and should be free

Not much on these private islands in The Bahamas is free. Food, swimming and sitting on the beach are free. Everything else comes with a cost.

11 minutes ago, prmssk said:

As fun as the waterpark sounds (and I grew up going to Noah's Ark in the Wisconsin Dells, America's Largest Waterpark), we have never been able to swallow the price when we have visited CocoCay.

6 minutes ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

The issue isn't the price, the issue is people are paying it!  Same with RC new ship Icon. The cost for an Inside cabin is crazy!  However for now they are selling. So if they can get the $$ they will.  To answer your question no it's not worth the price IMO!

Agreed. It’s just too much

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, prmssk said:

And I grew up just down the road from there in Madison.

Before they  tore Coco Cay apart..it used to be a Perfect Day!  Lunch buffet was included plus great beahes and  pathways..

. extras were lounger, float mat, snorkel equip,  drinks  or shops, but not required  or necessary

• Like 3

We paid for our 14 y.o. twin grandkids to go. They said the lines were very long. They only went on or two slides when yet another ship pulled in and the lines were only going to get longer. Since you can’t control the crowds, my DH and I are not planning to go.

• Like 2

You have to realize the infrastructure, maintenance and salaries of the people working there are not free. The fees while expensive have to be paid. I  just see it as an added expense to my vacation budget. If I don’t want to pay I’ll just stay on the ship or go to a different part of the beach. It’s not mandatory. Go to the water park where it’s cheaper. 

• Like 1

We were there a year and a half ago.  Rented a regular cabana.  Have you seen the prices of the over the water ones! That's HW robbery.  Also, folks on our cruise were talking about the long lines. Can you imagine being on IOC with all those peeps.  Not thank you.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DingoMom said:

We paid for our 14 y.o. twin grandkids to go. They said the lines were very long. They only went on or two slides when yet another ship pulled in and the lines were only going to get longer. Since you can’t control the crowds, my DH and I are not planning to go.

Sounds a lot like Disney these days.  Pay so much and then get so little.  Somebody recently told me that they were "forced" to pay admission to the water park at Coco Cay or they would not be allowed off the ship.  They must have misunderstood but it was a shame since they had a bunch of kids and didn't want them to be disappointed. I felt bad to tell them we have never paid and it was not mandatory.

• Like 3

Celebrity is just testing the ceiling; let’s see how high it goes!  It is certainly a place I would never go, but seems to be working for shareholders and those booking that itinerary!  

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Kmkub said:

Is it so over-the-top amazing that we should suck it up and pay the cost?

no. It's sort of worth it for $80 pp.

3 hours ago, SouKnoMe said:

Are food, beverages, or seating with umbrellas included? I

These are available for free on the island - some good food and seating with umbrellas. Some beverages are included (like water, lemonade, iced tea). You don't need to pay for the water park to get any of these.

There is a nice buffet and snack shacks, and more. We've always eaten at the Snack Shack - you can click on my reviews in the signature if you see CocoCay in the link. They have funnel cakes! For free! Yum!

The island itself is so pretty. 

3 hours ago, Kmkub said:

burgers and dogs are included

Free food on the island includes more than that.

3 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

why would it be? It's an additional water park. Like an additional zipline and an air balloon ride - available for a fee.

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Before they  tore Coco Cay apart..it used to be a Perfect Day!  Lunch buffet was included plus great beahes and  pathways..

still are. Plus free loungers and umbrellas.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CardowMD said:

We had buffet lunch, access to beach chairs, pool and water with an extra fee.

you had to pay for the free buffet, loungers, and pool on CocoCay? When? We were there twice in the last 2 years and it was all free.

18 hours ago, SouKnoMe said:

You have to realize the infrastructure, maintenance and salaries of the people working there are not free. The fees while expensive have to be paid. I  just see it as an added expense to my vacation budget. If I don’t want to pay I’ll just stay on the ship or go to a different part of the beach. It’s not mandatory. Go to the water park where it’s cheaper. 

I know how a business works, LOL, but thank you.

If Disney and Universal can charge less to get into one of their parks, than clearly something is amiss. Labor isn’t more expensive in The Bahamas.

• Thanks 1