LIVE – Ascent B2B 1/27/2024 - 2/11/2024 - Live Blog, Cat Blog, Vlog!

David Kane

Day 6 - Activities

There were a number of activities occurring throughout the day, which was nice to see as it was technically a 'Port' Day at Grand Cayman. They offered 3 holes of mini-golf:

IMG_2003.thumb.JPG.eba23ed99eedcd2733780807869ff53a.JPG

There was also Cornbowling; a combination of Cornhole and Candlepin bowling, which was a LOT of fun and whereby 'Tom from Nova Scotia, eh?' failed to place within the top 3. It is hard than it looks!

IMG_2010.thumb.JPG.05d4585f84f24892c4fe0b01cc9db015.JPG

IMG_2021.thumb.JPG.db7d542d85deb91a078176280dc48f3c.JPG

From there we did our usual sail away from the Retreat Sundeck, dressed for dinner, which we once again had at the Sunset Bar - the tiny plates here are REALLY good:

IMG_2031.thumb.JPG.8bba1b604718605e99c209fc8e758893.JPG

IMG_2039.thumb.JPG.9d22e826f3e8724cd97f8cc967208127.JPG

You might be asking why were are choosing very alternative venues for dining - the fact of the matter is that the food at Luminae is wonderful, beautifully served, and after 10 days of it we really just needed something far more basic. Back at home we have a sizable garden, cook most of our own food, and eat a lot of non-complex meals. At Luminae the dishes go a long way to challenge your palate but a very rich - so we elected to being moving back to more simple food a few days before we got evicted.

• Like 4

Day 7/Day 8 - Recovery and Departure

We always dedicate Day 7 to recovery and slowly packing. Swimsuits are dried, clothes are folded and re-folded, and light meals are enjoyed. We began passing out our Thank You Cards and additional Tips on Wednesday to get ahead of the curve so we had less of that they we usually do - still, the day passed quickly as the last one always does and, with calm seas, we went to bed early to conclude our time.

Today, we were up at 6:00am, had a quick turn at Luminae at 6:30am, and were in the Retreat Lounge at 7:29 - which was exactly the time the ship was cleared. We had utilized the Luggage Valet (best. service. ever.) for $29 per so all we had were carryons and were disembarked at 7:43 am. The last person to say goodbye to us was the Cruise Director Luigi who, as noted earlier, is absolutely redefining this role.

A quick $30 ride to the Airport later (tip included) we were past Security and in the Lounge by 8:30am (we have...a later flight in the day, and as much as I want to hang out at the locally owned Mexican eatery for 6 hours I don't think I can possibly have that many Margaritas). 

With the ending of the trip I suspect I have a few questions to be answered and then a final post about thoughts on the B2B experience. 

• Like 7