Cruising the Prince Christian Sound on Viking's Iconic Iceland, Greenland, & Canada

OUBaylor1

For those who have taken Viking's Iconic Iceland, Greenland, & Canada cruise, do you actually spend one day cruising the Prince Christian Sound?  Or do you just have the two ports of call, Nanortalik and Qaqortoq?  

We were on the NYC-Reykjavik direction leaving Aug 30, and were able to do both Greenland ports, then sailed thru PC Sound in the afternoon/evening on the way to Iceland. It was beautiful and somewhat dangerous given all the growlers and icebergs still around in September. I don’t think the earlier summer sailings were able to do this stretch.

We had this route on In the Wake of the Vikings. Due to weather conditions (wind, I think), we had to skip Nanortalik and cruised Prince Christian Sound instead. We did make our stop at Qaqortoq, however. So your cruise will likely be the same in terms of possibility of weather changing up itinerary.

Edited by LindaS272

On “In the Wake of the Vikings”, a few years ago, we did cruise Prince Christian Sound and the scenery was fantastic! The next two ports were listed as Nanortalik and Qaqortog, but we missed Nanortalik due to weather, if I recall correctly.

• Like 1

We got very lucky on our "In the Wake of the Vikings" a few years ago. We made both Qaqortoq and Nanortalik, and also cruised Prince Christian Sound, which is the most beautiful sailing I've ever done.