flowers

whynotme

I’ve brought them on board in different ports but have never brought them on at embarkation.  If you take a look in your booking you will be able to see some arrangements and purchase them ahead of time.  Others have reported that they went to Guest Services and looked through a “catalogue” to choose and those arrangements came out much nicer looking.  Hopefully someone who has done that comments on your post.

I have brought flowers on board on a regular basis and on embarkation day if we were in a port where flowers were gorgeous. 

I have purchased them many times for others, myself, etc.  I’ve ordered on line before the cruise often and they have always been beautiful.

DD DH ordered for me on board on a couple of occasions and they were also magnificent.

It’s my BFF’s birthday on our sailing.  None of the arrangements offered on line seemed “just right” so I plan to go to the concierge on embarkation day (as much as I hate bugging them on that day) and order them - unless of course I change my mind and order on line 😂 

• Like 3

I've not pre-ordered online, but given the quality I've seen (and received) onboard, I think they would be equally lovely.

The book at GS is usually quite large, showcasing a nice assortment. 

You can also order directly from the Florist at his presentation. Just tell him colors, flowers, price - whatever you want him to consider when making your arrangement.

Just reading this thread makes me smile. Good job, HAL, on having a top notch floral "department."

20231223_150513.thumb.jpg.9e3e380953d9e1228136f00fd7629b54.jpg

Thank you for your help. I thought it would be nice to have when we embarked.   It’s also our anniversary later in the cruise.    Happy sailing, Ross

Last cruise, their discounted "Birthday arrangement" lasted for two weeks, almost as long as the balloons on the door.

Took a fall mid-cruise and was laid up in the cabin for the third week. The steward surprised me with a brand new complimentary bouquet, after I had finally been taking out the few dead stems one by one every day from the first one. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, whynotme said:

Thank you for your help. I thought it would be nice to have when we embarked.   It’s also our anniversary later in the cruise.

I preordered on the sly in December '22 and was disappointed the flowers were not in the room on boarding. But the steward brought them before we were unpacked! 

Take little nippers and shorten the stems when adding a little water, they will last longer. 

Sign into your booking and Flowers are under the "Extras" menu in the banner.

• Like 2