Willdra's Paramount Carnival Panorama October 15-21 Cruise

willdra

Our flight started boarding at 1:05. We were leaving at 1:50. I always pay the extra cash to have Southwest Early Bird Check In. For us it’s worth it to not worry about checking in for the flights, especially when we are out at sea, or on an excursion 24 hours before. Also, with Early Bird Check In, we usually get a good boarding position. This time we were A29 and A30.

We lined up, boarded the flight, and sat in Row 4. Right around the time we should've been leaving, the pilot got on the intercom and said we were 300 pounds overweight, so they needed to unload cargo. Ok no big deal. I thought. It really was a big deal. That weight issue set us back an hour. This meant that we would arrive after our connecting flight departed from HOU to ATL.

About 5 minutes after we received the latest departure time, the flight attendants announced that they were working on fixing our flights. First they said the ATL passengers would be bumped to the 9:15 flight, and the other connecting passengers would have to stay until maybe the next day. Welp the crowd didn’t like that at all, so they told everyone to hold on. The gate agents were still working to sort it out. 10 minutes later, they announced that all of our connecting flights would be waiting for us. I felt bad for the peeps on the next flights. Hopefully this wouldn’t inconvenience them as well. I was also concerned about whether our luggage would make it. These of course, are all minor 1st world problems. Our safety in getting home was priority one.

The flight time from LAX to HOU was 2 hours 45 minutes. I slept half of the way and read the other half. W did the same. When we could tell we were landing, we started getting our bags together so we could run from one plane to the other. Side note: how do people who sit by the window keep the window closed during landing? I need to see the ground please. It’s totally 100% mental for me. I just feel better when I can see where we are.

IMG_4858-L.jpg

• Like 6

When the plane landed it was chaos. People were trying to let those with connections go ahead, but they would then inadvertently be in someone else’s way. Since we were in the front, we just told the people ahead of us to go. If we deplaned normally we would make it.

God was watching out for us that day, cuz the next gate was right across from us. Remarkably, no planes trains or automobiles had to be involved in us getting to the gate. However, they were in fact waiting on us. W and I wasted no time getting over there. We also had our boarding passes out and ready to scan. We moved quickly cuz we didn’t want to inconvenience anyone any further. Onboard, we were fully prepared to be told to sit wherever. We were not told that tho. We were told that there were plenty of seats, and we could sit where we wanted. We had an entire row to ourselves. Look at God. Won't He do it?

This was a pretty short flight, at only an hour and a half. It was also quiet, since it was so late, and empty. After we landed, we went down to baggage claim, but we didn’t have high hopes that our bags made it there.

Welp we were wrong. Our bags actually came out first. We collected everything, then we were off to catch a shuttle to the "off airport" parking lot. We didn't wait long for that either. Everything was seamless and it all worked out in the end. Just like it always does.

We officially closed the book on this cruise when we got home. It was everything that we wanted and then some. 

Before I fell asleep, I thanked God that the Popeyes on our way home stays open until midnight. Of course they did the usual "we are out of that type of chicken", even tho W had ordered on the app before we arrived. I honestly wouldn't know what to do if Popeyes ever just gave me what I ordered. Food without an attitude? That would be some suspicious chicken indeed. This time, we were desperate, so we told them to just give us what they had, and they hooked us up. All was right with the world again. Amen.

IMG_4861-L.jpg

IMG_4869-L.jpg

IMG_4880-L.jpg

Edited by willdra
grammar
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, willdra said:

I have honestly thought about writing a book. Maybe one of these days when I get my life together, I’ll do it. 😉

Be sure to let us know when you do!

• Like 5

12 hours ago, willdra said:

When the plane landed it was chaos. People were trying to let those with connections go ahead, but they would then inadvertently be in someone else’s way. Since we were in the front, we just told the people ahead of us to go. If we deplaned normally we would make it.

God was watching out for us that day, cuz the next gate was right across from us. Remarkably, no planes trains or automobiles had to be involved in us getting to the gate. However, they were in fact waiting on us. W and I wasted no time getting over there. We also had our boarding passes out and ready to scan. We moved quickly cuz we didn’t want to inconvenience anyone any further. Onboard, we were fully prepared to be told to sit wherever. We were not told that tho. We were told that there were plenty of seats, and we could sit where we wanted. We had an entire row to ourselves. Look at God. Won't He do it?

This was a pretty short flight, at only an hour and a half. It was also quiet, since it was so late, and empty. After we landed, we went down to baggage claim, but we didn’t have high hopes that our bags made it there.

Welp we were wrong. Our bags actually came out first. We collected everything, then we were off to catch a shuttle to the "off airport" parking lot. We didn't wait long for that either. Everything was seamless and it all worked out in the end. Just like it always does.

We officially closed the book on this cruise when we got home. It was everything that we wanted and then some. 

Before I fell asleep, I thanked God that the Popeyes on our way home stays open until midnight. Of course they did the usual "we are out of that type of chicken", even tho W had ordered on the app before we arrived. I honestly wouldn't know what to do if Popeyes ever just gave me what I ordered. Food without an attitude? That would be some suspicious chicken indeed. This time, we were desperate, so we told them to just give us what they had, and they hooked us up. All was right with the world again. Amen.

IMG_4861-L.jpg

IMG_4869-L.jpg

IMG_4880-L.jpg

When is the next adventure?

• Like 1

Yay!!  Thank you SO much for the review. It has been very helpful.  As I mentioned, I board on Sunday for the exact same 6 night itinerary.  Your review has me super excited!!!

Edited by Kingsmom
  • Like 1

I’m so sad 😢 I hate that your trip is over and my nightly read is done. 

You are such a gifted writer …  full of life and fun! Please cruise soon so I have another Willdra review to look forward to! ❤️

• Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 10:52 AM, Sadebud said:

Another GREAT job, Willdra!!!   Thank you for your time, energy and your sense of humor!  I will say a prayer tonight thanking God for your writing ability, and that you and W get to cruise twice as much this year...maybe even 3 times as much!!  Speaking of which, when do "we" cruise again??  Oh, and add me to the list of people who will buy/read/recommend any book you write!

LOL, thank you! We need all the prayers we can get! 😇😇

On 2/12/2024 at 1:19 PM, mimmy52 said:

I couldn’t figure out how to paste the paragraph I wanted, so now it looks as though I’m quoting you saying nothing. I am now wondering what the correct way to hold a wine glass is. I thought you would show a picture, but no. I hate to go out in the world showing my ignorance at how to hold a wine glass. Also, I think it would be awesome if the Cetto folks had a wine bottle with a purple label and skull like the big wine bottle you posed by.

No worries, I got you covered! Here is the correct way (according to the team at L.A. Cetto) to hold a wine glass. They were adamant that it should only be held by the stem and not the "bowl" because our hands can warm up the wine. 

IMG_4593-L.jpg

• Like 5

On 2/12/2024 at 1:34 PM, BigNance said:

Willdra,

Thanks for a great cruise!  Your writing style (and humor) are terrific.  I am snorting and chuckling at work!!

I am always happy when I can find your reviews!

AND, now I have to try the BCS....

N

LOL thank you so much!!!!! 😂

On 2/12/2024 at 3:02 PM, Essiesmom said:

I’m happy with my Lume soap, just wish they made smaller bars.  And unfortunately I have to have unscented, as I turn scents sour.  EM

I have some of the Lume body wash that I received when I ordered the starter pack. I still haven't used it yet, but I will soon. Hopefully I will love it as much as the deodorant! 😍😍 

7 hours ago, TreyB said:

Excellent review, thank you!  Wife and I were boarding Panorama on October 21 (your eviction day) and we had a great cruise as well. Panorama is a great ship with a fantastic crew. 

Panorama is definitely one of my favorite ships! She still looks very good, and we always look forward to our time on her. 😃😃😃

6 hours ago, cruisebaby9 said:

Another excellent review from Wildra! So glad to see this it has me ready for my cruise on April 13th. Hope to have exciting adventures as you and W did. Can't wait for your next review.

Thanks for joining me, and have fun on your upcoming adventure! 😉

3 hours ago, Call8675309 said:

Awesome review and rip-roaring read. Thank you for sharing your story.

Thank you for reading along, and for the compliments! I don't think I've ever gotten "rip-roaring" before, and now I really like it! 😁😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kingsmom said:

Yay!!  Thank you SO much for the review. It has been very helpful.  As I mentioned, I board on Sunday for the exact same 6 night itinerary.  Your review has me super excited!!!

Oh yay!! Have fun, I'm super jealous!!! 😱

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TinkLoverSam said:

We officially booked Firenze for a 5 night cruise Nov 2024 so I enjoyed a look at our ports (Cabo and Ensenada) and I’ll be scouring Venezia reviews for the ship info.

We really enjoyed both of those ports, and we would do them both again in a heartbeat(especially Cabo). 😘😘

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Megan_Strick said:

When is the next adventure?

We are planning on embarking on our next journey in May. Hopefully all the stars and planets will align perfectly so that everything works out! 🤗🤗🤗

• Like 4