Willdra's Paramount Carnival Panorama October 15-21 Cruise

willdra

On 2/15/2024 at 10:27 PM, purpleally said:

The “marshmallow theory” answered a thirty-year quest to find a compelling explanation for why some people succeed and others fail. Posada was convinced that the key difference between success and failure is not merely hard work or superior intelligence but the ability to delay gratification.

This theory was used on children, delayed gratification while the marshmallows were right in front of them. 

This is very interesting, and I’m sure it can be applied to many different scenarios! Thanks for the Ted Talk! 😉 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, willdra said:

This is very interesting, and I’m sure it can be applied to many different scenarios! Thanks for the Ted Talk! 😉 

After reading about the “marshmallow test” on this thread I googled it and found out the test wasn’t to find out projections about a child regarding their future but was instead about how a child copes/distracts themselves when told to wait on a reward. Quite interesting!

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 3

I just found you, and I LOVE you!  I've read 3 of your reviews, and I'm addicted!  My library book is just sitting over there on the end table for now!  Thank you for taking the time to do these reviews!  I used to live in metro Atlanta, and I still fly up to visit my family!  If I see you & W one day in the airport or on a cruise ship, I'll be Starstruck!!

13 hours ago, wrcjr98 said:

I just found you, and I LOVE you!  I've read 3 of your reviews, and I'm addicted!  My library book is just sitting over there on the end table for now!  Thank you for taking the time to do these reviews!  I used to live in metro Atlanta, and I still fly up to visit my family!  If I see you & W one day in the airport or on a cruise ship, I'll be Starstruck!!

LOL so glad you found us😆! Please do say “hey y’all!” if you see us out and about! 

♥️♥️🛳️🛳️♥️♥️

• Like 1

I'm amazed at how fast your bus got from port of LB to LAX.  I lived in LB from 86 to 92 and San Pedro before that, it would have been a miracle then and I know traffic hasn't gotten better (at least when we go to visit the fam it sure hasn't!)

You were definitely blessed with good karma for that ride (although afterwards was a trial.)

Love your reports!

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 6:55 PM, willdra said:

No worries, I got you covered! Here is the correct way (according to the team at L.A. Cetto) to hold a wine glass. They were adamant that it should only be held by the stem and not the "bowl" because our hands can warm up the wine. 

IMG_4593-L.jpg

What if it’s already a warm wine - like a merlot? Something that wouldn’t be served chilled…then can I hold the bowl? 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

Thanks for another entertaining and informative trip review! I always get giddy when I see a Willdra review gracing page one  of the Carnival Cruise Critic page! It’s always a good day! 

Quick Question - have you and W ever done Alaska on Carnival? I just booked our first Alaska cruise on the Spirit for next August and would love to read your take on it if it’s happened! If it has, can you post a link to that review? Alaska is very out of my wheelhouse so I feel like a cruise newbie! 

Thanks and can’t wait to read about your next adventure! 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 9:38 AM, MistyRo76 said:

What if it’s already a warm wine - like a merlot? Something that wouldn’t be served chilled…then can I hold the bowl? 🤣🤣

Yes! I hold all of mine because it’s not in the glass long enough to warm up! 😜

• Haha 2

On 3/1/2024 at 9:45 AM, MistyRo76 said:

Thanks for another entertaining and informative trip review! I always get giddy when I see a Willdra review gracing page one  of the Carnival Cruise Critic page! It’s always a good day! 

Quick Question - have you and W ever done Alaska on Carnival? I just booked our first Alaska cruise on the Spirit for next August and would love to read your take on it if it’s happened! If it has, can you post a link to that review? Alaska is very out of my wheelhouse so I feel like a cruise newbie! 

Thanks and can’t wait to read about your next adventure! 

Alaska has been on our bucket list for so long, it’s rusty and full of holes. Hopefully we will get it together soon. If we wait too long, that trip will be sponsored by Bengay, Aspercreme, and compression wraps! 😭 W’s not getting any younger. 

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, willdra said:

Alaska has been on our bucket list for so long, it’s rusty and full of holes. Hopefully we will get it together soon. If we wait too long, that trip will be sponsored by Bengay, Aspercreme, and compression wraps! 😭 W’s not getting any younger. 

You HAVE to do Alaska! It’s such an amazing, beautiful, stunning cruise! I’ve done 2 and would go back tomorrow if I could!!

IMG_4667.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, you really need to do this cruise.  We have been three times and just love it.  We have a 14-day cruise this April and we are really looking forward to it.  Of course, it is a quick two-to-three-hour drive to Seattle to get on the ship. Depends on traffic how long it takes to get there. 

I have enjoyed all of your trip reports and am looking forward to more.

17 hours ago, willdra said:

HAHA...Bengay, Aspercreme and compression wraps! That really paints a picture! But I feel ya on that one! We've talked about Alaska for a while and decided to just do it! The in-laws may join us and my FIL is pushing 85 (though he's still more active than most half his age!) so time is of the essence! But then it's right back to the Caribbean for me! 

4 hours ago, meskel503 said:

Yes, you really need to do this cruise.  We have been three times and just love it.  We have a 14-day cruise this April and we are really looking forward to it.  Of course, it is a quick two-to-three-hour drive to Seattle to get on the ship. Depends on traffic how long it takes to get there. 

I have enjoyed all of your trip reports and am looking forward to more.

Wildra, you crack me up! Meskal, I’m sure this is the dumbest question ever asked on cc but do you think a cruise to AK would still be good if I stayed on the ship? 

5 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Wildra, you crack me up! Meskal, I’m sure this is the dumbest question ever asked on cc but do you think a cruise to AK would still be good if I stayed on the ship? 

It is beautiful just from the ship. The really nice thing about Alaska is that most ports are right in the tourist area so you walk off the ship right into the touristy port area. We did do excursions at every port but were able to do an excursion, re-board the ship for a late lunch and then pop back off to wander around the port area.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Yes.  The views are fantastic from the ship.  On our cruises we have seen plenty of wildlife from the ship.  We enjoy the ship so staying on is no big deal.  Again the views are great just go and enjoy the cruise your way.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, willdra said:

You know you are looking at that Jamman cruise on Venezia to Bermuda thinking "I can fit this cruise into my schedule." And it's over Labor Day so there's one day you don't have to use PTO for!!  That's how I convince Craig, Mr. Ninjacat. 😻