MSC website: logging in blocked - country of origin error?

TrinaLC

I’ve been denied locking into my account for over a week - I always get an error that I am blocked, I need to log in from my country of origin. 

I am in the United States, using the msccruiseusa website as always in the past. Same problem whether using my phone, iPad, or laptop. And whether using our internet or logging in over cell service. 

this happened once a few months ago but resolved itself over a weekend. 

Anyone else?

Lots of us have the same problem, possibly triggered by also logging into the MSC app, but you are certainly not alone.

No easy fix has come to light so far, but there is another thread around here where a couple of people are working through the support options to get a fix...

Same. After using the app to check in for our Meraviglia cruise earlier this month, my account has been locked out from the app, website, etc. The only way I was able to access anything for the cruise or use the app was by using my booking number (not my username/password). There's no way I can check my voyager's club points earned for the trip, etc. 

From what I've gathered, MSC's IT backend is notoriously poor, and there's not really a good way to resolve the issue. I've heard that calling MSC directly can help resolve, but I haven't tried that yet. 

I read that someone was helped by emailing mscvoyagersclub@msccruisesusa.com. I sent an email with the same complaint hoping they fix it as I have a cruise upcoming and six more booked. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️