Beer On Embarkation Day

Daniel A

I used to be able to pre-order a bucket of five cold beers to be in my stateroom on embarkation day.  I was able to purchase a small bottle of liquor to be in the stateroom, but I cannot find the option to pre-order beers to be waiting in the stateroom upon our arrival.  I do see where you can get the 5 for 4 bucket of beer as part of a Celebration Package, but I'm not about to spend $99 for five beers.  Did they simply move that option somewhere else, or did they eliminate that option? 

I too enjoy a beer or two sitting out on the balcony just before dinner. We have the drink package and therefore, I put a few beers (unopened) in my pocket during the day and take them back to my cabin. Do that couple times per day and before you know it, I have a well stock fridge. 😀

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

I too enjoy a beer or two sitting out on the balcony just before dinner. We have the drink package and therefore, I put a few beers (unopened) in my pocket during the day and take them back to my cabin. Do that couple times per day and before you know it, I have a well stock fridge. 😀

Yup, that's what I do as well.  Just ask the bartender not to open it and as you say, soon you have can have a nice little stock.  I usually like to have a beer while relaxing on the balcony before turning in for the night.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rmsmith said:

Yup, that's what I do as well.  Just ask the bartender not to open it and as you say, soon you have can have a nice little stock.  I usually like to have a beer while relaxing on the balcony before turning in for the night.

If you become familiar with one bartender, he doesn’t care if you take a few unopened back to your room. I shouldn’t be saying this, there were several times I walk up to him and before you know it he has my 2 beers ready to go..

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

If you become familiar with one bartender, he doesn’t care if you take a few unopened back to your room. I shouldn’t be saying this, there were several times I walk up to him and before you know he has my 2 beers ready. 

yup, haven't had a problem doing so in the past. 

I do like how the bartenders get to know you.  Maybe I just haven't settled into enough of a routine on other cruise lines but have not had the same experience outside of Princess.  Nothing like walking up to the pool bar in the morning and having them start making my double bloody mary when they see me or in the evening start making a Manhattan at Crooners.  I like to keep them on their toes and switch up the vodka or move to a bloody maria or brit. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rmsmith said:

I like to keep them on their toes and switch up the vodka or move to a bloody maria or brit. 

ok, there goes the start making when you walk up, I guess ...

Thanks for the replies.   I have the drink package and I usually do bring some back to the cabin, but I also used to like having my Buds greeting me on arrival without my needing to round them up.   Oh well, I guess I'll need to stand in line to get some to enjoy unpacking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Thanks for the replies.   I have the drink package and I usually do bring some back to the cabin, but I also used to like having my Buds greeting me on arrival without my needing to round them up.   Oh well, I guess I'll need to stand in line to get some to enjoy unpacking. 

I used to be able to pre-order a bucket of five cold beers to be in my stateroom on embarkation day.
Question - did you have the drink package at that time?

16 hours ago, DHP1 said:

I used to be able to pre-order a bucket of five cold beers to be in my stateroom on embarkation day.
Question - did you have the drink package at that time?

Although I had the drink package, it will not cover any drinks delivered to the stateroom.  I used to be able to go to the onboard services section and pre-order the beer, vodka bottle, shrimp platter and chocolate dipped strawberries to be already in my stateroom when I arrived at embarkation.  Now, the food items can be pre-purchased but there is a notice that once onboard, you need to call room service for the items to be delivered.  But still, nowhere is it offering the ability to purchase the 5 for 4 beer buckets.

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Although I had the drink package, it will not cover any drinks delivered to the stateroom.

that was the way it used to be, but not with the current PLUS and Premier packages.  In fact, you can order multiple beers to be delivered at the same time.  Of course, not exactly the same as having them cold in the fridge when entering for the first time.  That is why our first start is the lobby bar for a beer and a pina colada - smooth, not icy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Although I had the drink package, it will not cover any drinks delivered to the stateroom.  

Do you have a stand alone beverage package, or as most have the plus/premier fare which includes the beverage package? Room service is included with the plus/premier fares. You can order beer(s) delivered to your cabin. Buckets of beer are not included with the package, but you can easily order multiple cans or bottles. One caution. On boarding day room service may be very busy and your beers may not get to you promptly. Would recommend you just pick up a few beers and carry them back to your cabin. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

that was the way it used to be, but not with the current PLUS and Premier packages.  In fact, you can order multiple beers to be delivered at the same time.  Of course, not exactly the same as having them cold in the fridge when entering for the first time.  That is why our first start is the lobby bar for a beer and a pina colada - smooth, not icy.

I'm just curious, do you need to order the drink delivery through the app or can you phone it in too?

32 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I'm just curious, do you need to order the drink delivery through the app or can you phone it in too?

If you have the newer version of Plus ($60 per day) or Premier then calling Room Service on the phone is included. If you have the old version of Plus ($50 per day) a call to Room Service will cost your $5 each time. Alternately you could pay the one time fee of $14.95 to get Ocean Now delivery and the use the app to have your beers (or anything else) delivered to your room for the duration of the cruise.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

If you have the newer version of Plus ($60 per day) or Premier then calling Room Service on the phone is included. If you have the old version of Plus ($50 per day) a call to Room Service will cost your $5 each time. Alternately you could pay the one time fee of $14.95 to get Ocean Now delivery and the use the app to have your beers (or anything else) delivered to your room for the duration of the cruise.

Thanks,  most people don't understand there are two different versions of Plus.  Now, that was a crappy thing to do. 

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 1