Retreat Cabana Booked

kirkc

1 hour ago, OlsSalt said:

There is no sound-proofing between cabanas. So I would pick a two-person cabin well away from the "family cabana" where there may be four persons talking since two person cabanas tend to carry on quieter conversations.  If you are looking for quiet and some degree of  privacy.

But If you are looking for a livelier experience and getting to know your cabana neighbors, avoiding being near the four person cabana may not matter. Do try to avoid being next to the two-person cabana, where HAL allows the addition of six small children to join their parents. (Grumble)

Are they now allowed to bring children into the retreat?  I have read a few comments about that maybe happening.......it defeats the entire purpose in my opinion!  The written information I can find from HAL still states two adults only, with four adults in the "family" cabanas.

51 minutes ago, ventigirl said:

Are they now allowed to bring children into the retreat?  I have read a few comments about that maybe happening.......it defeats the entire purpose in my opinion!  The written information I can find from HAL still states two adults only, with four adults in the "family" cabanas.

That is what it said when we signed up too - adults only -family cabana limited to four adults - except it did not happen nor would they do anything about this, including telling me I probably could not get my money back.

Be sure to print out all the express documents setting out the terms of your expectations. 

We reserved one for our upcoming cruise in the assumption it was adults only.  If this is not the case, I will be very disappointed.  I wonder if they would refund us if they allow kids now, and they were running around.  Fingers crossed this is not the case.  

2 hours ago, auggiemom said:

We reserved one for our upcoming cruise in the assumption it was adults only.  If this is not the case, I will be very disappointed.  I wonder if they would refund us if they allow kids now, and they were running around.  Fingers crossed this is not the case.  

They've always allowed kids, but most people have had the sense not to bring them.  There is NOTHING to occupy/amuse kids in the Retreat. I've had a Retreat cabana every cruise for many years now (twice a year) and twice there were kids.  The first time was maybe 7-8 years ago. One couple had a pre-teen son who would come up and sit on a shady chair reading a book. He was 100% fine. The other was last cruise (November 2023) - a couple had 2 kids. One was probably around 10 years of age and the other a toddler. They seldom had the kids up in the Retreat, and really didn't use it much themselves - I assume they were elsewhere with their kids. They'd come up with the kids late in the afternoon and enjoy their cabana as a family as others were leaving and after the other passengers were gone.  We'd frequently go for pre-dinner cocktails at Tamarind Bar and would see them in their cabana across the way (Eurodam), just having family time in that space.  They were also no problem, and very considerate of both their kids and the other Retreat passengers. Thankfully I've never experienced poorly parented brats up there, and hope that continues to be the case!

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1