Retreat Cabana Booked

kirkc

Booked the cabana today for our November cruise on the Rotterdam. Glad I took care of it as almost 50% of them are booked already. And yes, we did get our first choice.

• Like 4

It’s the November 29 sailing…the day after Thanksgiving. Did that same timing last year and it was great. I think there were 3 kids onboard. 

Cabana was is $700 for the entire cruise. Up from $500 last year, but still worth it for the quiet and service.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, kirkc said:

It’s the November 29 sailing…the day after Thanksgiving. Did that same timing last year and it was great. I think there were 3 kids onboard. 

Cabana was is $700 for the entire cruise. Up from $500 last year, but still worth it for the quiet and service.

We got neither, from our Konigsdam Christmas holiday cruise retreat cabana. Caveat emptor. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 6:31 PM, kirkc said:

Booked the cabana today for our November cruise on the Rotterdam. Glad I took care of it as almost 50% of them are booked already. And yes, we did get our first choice.

How does one book before the cruise?  Does your cruise have to be paid in full before booking?  Also when does charge apply - when you book or when you sail?

1 minute ago, Sun Queen II said:

How does one book before the cruise?  Does your cruise have to be paid in full before booking?  Also when does charge apply - when you book or when you sail?

Call Ship's Services-800-541-1576

We are about to experience retreat cabana life for the first time beginning next Saturday. We are on a 35 day Hawaii-South Pacific cruise. I made sure my wife took extra shifts at the laundromat to pay for it 😛 I will report back on our experience. I hope we don't run into what @OlsSalt experienced on the Koningsdam. I don't expect many kids on this cruise, but who knows. I love kids ... let me rephrase that ... I love well supervised kids by their parents/guardians. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As mentioned by others…call Ships Services to book. Your cruise does not have to be paid for to book a cabana. You’ll need your booking number and you will be charged at the time of booking and will receive a confirmation email that includes the cabana number. 

So had a cabana in January on the Rotterdam for 9 days.  It was the best money spent on a cruise.  I have attached the food and drink “schedule” they provided.  The Nami sushi at lunch was awesome.  And we always tried to make sure we were back up there after a port visit by 2:30 to get the gelato and sparkling wine each day.

always tried to stake out a table in the shade for lunch as not a huge fan of eating off my lap, even if it is just a burger or pizza.

IMG_0798.jpeg

• Thanks 7

That looks pretty great-does anyone know if this is typical fleet-wide?  We have a cabana booked for the Nieuw Statendam next week- and now, I am getting even MORE EXCITED!!!!!

• Haha 1

We have a cabana booked for this Sunday - but it doesn’t show up on our navigator app as our thermal suite and internet purchases do- should I be concerned?  I have the email confirming our booking, I just am wondering why it doesn’t sho up on our app.  TIA.

51 minutes ago, hmmm said:

We have a cabana booked for this Sunday - but it doesn’t show up on our navigator app as our thermal suite and internet purchases do- should I be concerned?  I have the email confirming our booking, I just am wondering why it doesn’t sho up on our app.  TIA.

No. You shouldn't be worried. Did you get an e mail confirming your booking? That is all you need.

1 hour ago, hmmm said:

The cabana never shows up in the navigator nor booking confirmation.

I agree that you should not have to worry… but bring a copy of your email that was sent with your booking.  

I would also suggest making the cabana one of your early stops on embarkation day so you can “stake your claim”.  I did see an issue with double booking this last cruise and they had to move someone to one in a less ideal location.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2024 at 5:43 PM, Djb4CC said:

So had a cabana in January on the Rotterdam for 9 days.  It was the best money spent on a cruise.  I have attached the food and drink “schedule” they provided.  The Nami sushi at lunch was awesome.  And we always tried to make sure we were back up there after a port visit by 2:30 to get the gelato and sparkling wine each day.

always tried to stake out a table in the shade for lunch as not a huge fan of eating off my lap, even if it is just a burger or pizza.

IMG_0798.jpeg

We were on R'dam January 26 and so loved our cabana! We are booked again for November 2024 and January 2025 and as soon as we booked I reserved the cabanas. Each time, even with almost a year out, we got one of the last few available. Thanks for posting the menu....now I won't have to post our copy!

I recognize that a lot of this would be subjective and different for almost everyone based on personal preferences, etc.  However, for those who have sailed and had the retreat cabanas before do you have a preferred location?  We are cruising later this month on Nieuw Statendam and have one booked and again in February 2025.  I selected what I thought would be a good location, but am curious to hear what others who have done it have to say.

Posted (edited)

Preferred location for the Family Cabana, for me, is port side.  Preferred location for the 2-person cabana is port side ocean view as opposed to aft view.  

Port side: because it’s furthest from the entrance to The Retreat, so there is less traffic.

Ocean view: because I prefer to look at the sea as opposed to the Lido Pool and jogging track.

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, kirkc said:

We like #12 on the Rotterdam. Aft view.

I was thinking that or #11 would be good ones - with no cabana on the one side of you and the aft breezes.  Thanks for the feedback!

11 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Preferred location for the Family Cabana, for me, is port side.  Preferred location for the 2-person cabana is port side ocean view as opposed to aft view.  

Port side: because it’s furthest from the entrance to The Retreat, so there is less traffic.

Ocean view: because I prefer to look at the sea as opposed to the Lido Pool and jogging track.

The family cabana's look amazing with the best of both worlds for view and breezes.  Thanks for the reasons for the 2 person cabana.....those make total sense!

• Thanks 1

There is no sound-proofing between cabanas. So I would pick a two-person cabin well away from the "family cabana" where there may be four persons talking since two person cabanas tend to carry on quieter conversations.  If you are looking for quiet and some degree of  privacy.

But If you are looking for a livelier experience and getting to know your cabana neighbors, avoiding being near the four person cabana may not matter. Do try to avoid being next to the two-person cabana, where HAL allows the addition of six small children to join their parents. (Grumble)

• Like 1