Oh My, another newbie question

New to NCL and need to know about check-in. What MUST you have entered before you are able to select an arrival time or book reservations for a show? I.e., do you need to enter passport info and such prior to getting to those two ? 

Thanks to everyone who has been so helpful on this board for introducing me to the way NCL handles things. It's going to be fun experiencing a new cruise line.

In actuality, you do not need to enter anything and can have it done at the embarkation desk.

Thing with that though is it takes extra time and you may be waiting and holding up embarkation for others.

As far as selecting embarkation times, our experience on the 12 to 27 Panama transit cruise, it makes no difference. People were just coming regardless of the times they selected. No one enforced anything.

I believe you have to enter all the check in info like the passport etc. then you will have the opportunity to make your reservations on line for dinner & shows. .Should it show that it is filled then do on board as some are left available for on board booking.

9 minutes ago, eltigre said:

I believe you have to enter all the check in info like the passport etc. then you will have the opportunity to make your reservations on line for dinner & shows.

Are you suggesting that you have to wait until checking in before booking specialty dining?  

I have not entered any check-in information, but I have successfully booked 3 specialty meals. Our sailing date is 6 weeks away and I cannot see any shows available to book yet. 

Try booking your restaurants, it can't hurt to try!

Enjoy your cruise.

seachelt

• Like 1

there is nothing connecting checking in to the ability to book shows and restaurants.  You don't have to be checked in to make reservations.  You actually can book shows and restaurants at 120 before sailing while you can't check in until 21 days out

41 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

there is nothing connecting checking in to the ability to book shows and restaurants.  You don't have to be checked in to make reservations.  You actually can book shows and restaurants at 120 before sailing while you can't check in until 21 days out

strike the shows.  but you can book specialty restaurants at 120 days

13 minutes ago, eltigre said:

Sorry,  yes you can book specialty restaurants but not shows or the MDR until the 21 days out at check in time online.  

You can book the MDR at 120-days via your PCC, calling NCL, or even via chat on the website.

Thanks all. I have already booked our specialty restaurants and not particularly concerned about arrival time for the reasons you mentioned....but... I want to secure reservations for one of the shows which indicates as unavailable to book until check-in. Guess I should have made that clear in my original inquiry.

12 hours ago, IAcruising said:

You can book the MDR at 120-days via your PCC, calling NCL, or even via chat on the website.

You can also book online or through the app.  

5 hours ago, kittymamma said:

I want to secure reservations for one of the shows which indicates as unavailable to book until check-in. Guess I should have made that clear in my original inquiry.

I doubt it had anything at all to do with checking in. It probably just happens to be the same time frame. If indeed it is a show that can be booked. Not all are.