Meraviglia Bowling Reservations/Cost

Cruzinforpeace***

Our son’s team just won the NJ Morris County Championships for bowling and are headed to state competition after we get back from our upcoming cruise (2/4 Meraviglia out of BK).  He must practice while we’re cruising and so happy to see they have a bowling alley on board!. Does anyone know how difficult it is to secure lane reservations, the cost and how we go about reserving? 

I'm sure it depends on how full the cruise is and how many kids.  I was able to make reservations on day 1 for later in the cruise by visiting the desk at the gaming area (near the bowling and the simulators).  Reservations were allowed for 30 mins or 1 hour.  I had purchased a fun pass before the cruise and used it for the bowling cost and other games.

• Thanks 1

If he's a competitive bowler, he'll be disappointed with the lane conditions, the pin conditions, etc.

Yes, it is a bowling alley (not Canadian) but don't expect to hit your average even if you bring your own ball. 

It's fun for kids and for anyone with a drink package, though. 🎳

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alserrod said:

In a week cruise with one day at sea, how many times, as average, have you been bowling?

Just to calculate in order to buy Fun pass

He will bowl at least 2 times.  He bowls 4-5 days a week on land.  We’ll definitely get our money’s worth if he can get lane time.  I bought the fun pass for him.

You can reserve a time the day before. Fills up very fast. I don’t think the lanes are regulation size, not sure if that matters. Really just for fun, we had to put the bumpers up.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, davy jones said:

Will the lane be able to accommodate his bowling ball?  Some lanes at sea are not full size.

The lanes on Meraviglia use real, full-sized bowling balls.

PXL_20230412_210405925.jpg

Edited by JamieLogical

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

The lanes on Meraviglia use real, full-sized bowling balls.

PXL_20230412_210405925.jpg

Unfortunately they do not let you use your own bowling balls anymore because someone on the last cruise got their own ball stuck in the ball return.  Bummer because we dragged 2 balls on board and were stopped by ship security for about 20 minutes.  Who knew bowling balls were a suspicious item?

9 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

Unfortunately they do not let you use your own bowling balls anymore because someone on the last cruise got their own ball stuck in the ball return.  Bummer because we dragged 2 balls on board and were stopped by ship security for about 20 minutes.  Who knew bowling balls were a suspicious item?

Oh no! Hopefully your son will still be able to get his practice in.

Just now, JamieLogical said:

Oh no! Hopefully your son will still be able to get his practice in.

He’ll be heading to the bowling alley to practice as soon as we get home on Sunday!  Until then I just told him to relax and enjoy.  We all need a break once and a while.