Norwegian Joy

I'm new to NCL but there's a cruise I'd love to take on Joy. I'm noticing though there dont seem to be any balconies that I can look down unobstructed. I know if I'm sitting my view isn't obstructed but I prefer a private balcony where I cant look down at others, the promenade etc and don't want others looking into my balcony. 

Are there any such balconies on the Joy?

If you want to look straight down to the water, it can be done. The downside is that others will be able to look down and see you. 

The M6 staterooms on deck 8 have the best view straight down to the water but those extended balconies are about 2/3 exposed and can be seen from above. If you're close to your balcony door, you can't be seen from above.

If you select a higher balcony such as deck 15 and are at one of the "bump out" sections, you'll get a decent view down because of the angle and won't be seen from above. The downside is that you'll be far away from the water and will have to deal with noise from above.

Which is more important as far as looking down to water or not being seen from above?

Edited by Two Wheels Only

9 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Why would this matter?

The OP mentioned it...

1 hour ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

...and don't want others looking into my balcony. 

It wouldn't really matter to me all that much but some people are bothered by it.