Silver Spirits Beverage Package - Buy Now or Later?

HofstraJet

Are discounts offered on the Silver Spirits Beverage Package either closer to sail date or onboard? We will be purchasing, it's just a matter of when we can get the best price.

Thanks!

Edited by HofstraJet

• HofstraJet changed the title to Silver Spirits Beverage Package - Buy Now or Later?
53 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

In my experience, no discount for prior purchase.  And with prior purchase, you can't apply any OBC to the price.  Thus, I have always waited and used the OBC towards the cost.

Excellent tip! Thanks!

3 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

In my experience, no discount for prior purchase.  And with prior purchase, you can't apply any OBC to the price.  Thus, I have always waited and used the OBC towards the cost.

We have OBC, and I see on MVJ it can be used to prepay gratuities, Silver Spirits, etc…no?

2 hours ago, Jjg34219 said:

We have OBC, and I see on MVJ it can be used to prepay gratuities, Silver Spirits, etc…no?

If that is the case, that's news to me.  And good news.  I was reporting what was the situation when I cruised Viking.

• Thanks 1

My experience is not with Silver Spirits but with shore excursions.  I booked some using my credit card.  Then a couple of weeks before the cruise my travel agent released the on board credit somehow.  That resulted in an immediate refund to my credit card for the shore excursion charges.  

OBC that we receive from our TA is applied to the SSBP if you buy it pre-sailing or onboard.  

There are other credits from Viking that do not apply to anything prior to sailing.

This is in Canada anyway.

But to answer the OP's question, in my experience there is never a deal, and in actual fact it can go UP from the published price when you booked to when you pay in full.

We used to get the SSBP on every cruise - ocean or river.  We don't any longer.  We pay for the odd drink we have outside of lunch and dinner, have accepted the house wines, and we are never even close to the cost of the SSBP now.  

In Canada the USD price for the package translates to $34 CAD per night per person.  Too much.  We just removed the SSBP from a future cruise and the discount was $952 CAD.  This will pay for a few optional excursions.

• Like 1