MSC Veterans! Newbie with Questions!

2 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

On any other cruise line yes. MSC no!

I don't know how often you cruise with  them or what category you book , as well as length of sailing and which countries,but the issues I have been subject to are terrible and a TA is my safety net . It's costs nothing to have a TA.

Every cruise it seems has an issue. I have a cruise this weekend coming and they moved my YCGS even though I originally booked it on another sailing and gave it to a TA. I got my room back.

I have have ships changed, embarkation ports changed, disembarkation ports changed. Rooms taken away, days added to a cruise. OBC missing, on and on. This happens not just here in the US, but on sailings around the world .

Oh my.  That sounds terrible.  Thankfully we didn’t have any issues on our first sailing with them.  Again, I just told myself to expect chaos and we were pleasantly surprised.  Perhaps it was the category we booked?  We had Aurea balcony level. We got to choose our cabin and it was indeed the same cabin we chose when we booked over the phone.  Not really too many surprises for us, other than the disembarkation debacle.

5 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

When and what ship? Where they ridiculous looking, too short or ripped? Had to be real bad for them to say anything.

Last month on Seashore they were even letting shorte into the YC restaurant and not saying a word.

February 4th Meraviglia cruise out of Brooklyn in the Panorama MDR.  I didn’t think they looked unkept but they politely asked them to go change and return in proper attire.  The passenger didn’t seem offended.  The staff was very respectful and matter of fact about it.

1 hour ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

February 4th Meraviglia cruise out of Brooklyn in the Panorama MDR.  I didn’t think they looked unkept but they politely asked them to go change and return in proper attire.  The passenger didn’t seem offended.  The staff was very respectful and matter of fact about it.

Wow, glad they did that.

Simple respect,that's all.

As a first-time cruiser, I am a bit confused about the dining time. We have purchased Fantastica option and, therefore, can choose our dining time. We chose the first seating while booking, and that, according to the information on the site, has still to be confirmed on board.

Does that mean that we must dine at this particular time at all dining places on the ship except the speciality restaurants?

12 minutes ago, Educatoria said:

As a first-time cruiser, I am a bit confused about the dining time. We have purchased Fantastica option and, therefore, can choose our dining time. We chose the first seating while booking, and that, according to the information on the site, has still to be confirmed on board.

Does that mean that we must dine at this particular time at all dining places on the ship except the speciality restaurants?

You will be assigned a specific dining time at a specific dining table and a specific dining room. That will be your dinner time and location for every night of the cruise unless you choose to book a specialty restaurant or eat in the buffet. Because you are Fantastica, there is a higher likelihood that you will get your chosen timing time (early), but it is not guaranteed. Once you have your keycard and see your assigned time and location, you may be able to change it by visiting the maitra'd desk onboard, but again, there are no guarantees.

• Like 2

Read this whole thread and many others and I have a couple of questions about our upcoming sailing on the Seascape:

1. The website, the app, and our confirmation all say Aurea has priority check-in and boarding. I’m leaving from Miami and all of the threads I’ve read only mention YC. Our bag tags don’t say Aurea. Are they going by the color on the bag tag? Is there a designated Aurea check-in and boarding area? I’m wondering how this will go and if anyone can provide their experience.

2. Do we have to book our dinner time each day or can we just show up?

3. I’ve read many threads that say Aurea has a different MDR but I’ve checked the MSC site, our confirmation, and the app and this isn’t mentioned. Has this been disconfirmed?

4. I tried booking shows on the app, but wasn’t able to. There’s a small lock showing on each day so I suppose that means I can only book it on the ship. Is this correct?

5. Does the chat feature in the app show after boarding?

Any help you all can give with my questions would be greatly appreciated!!

Have a great day!😀

4 minutes ago, texangal39 said:

Read this whole thread and many others and I have a couple of questions about our upcoming sailing on the Seascape:

1. The website, the app, and our confirmation all say Aurea has priority check-in and boarding. I’m leaving from Miami and all of the threads I’ve read only mention YC. Our bag tags don’t say Aurea. Are they going by the color on the bag tag? Is there a designated Aurea check-in and boarding area? I’m wondering how this will go and if anyone can provide their experience.

3. I’ve read many threads that say Aurea has a different MDR but I’ve checked the MSC site, our confirmation, and the app and this isn’t mentioned. Has this been disconfirmed?

4. I tried booking shows on the app, but wasn’t able to. There’s a small lock showing on each day so I suppose that means I can only book it on the ship. Is this correct?

Have a great day!😀

Hi, MDR have "Aurea corners". This is, restaurant areas where they have tables booked for aurea passengers (Bella and Fantastica have always the same time and table)

Each day, each dinner time so you have to point it in the app

Full app just works since ship internet

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alserrod said:

Hi, MDR have "Aurea corners". This is, restaurant areas where they have tables booked for aurea passengers (Bella and Fantastica have always the same time and table)

Each day, each dinner time so you have to point it in the app

Full app just works since ship internet

I believe that on the Seascape, Skyline is a separate MDR just for Aurea passengers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alserrod said:

Just another question.

What kind of snacks can I find on buffet after 16:00?

I know about pizza, salads, desserts..... but what else?

Burgers, hot dogs, fries, fruits, and some pre-made sandwiches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

I believe that on the Seascape, Skyline is a separate MDR just for Aurea passengers.

Thanks for responding! I’m on page 6 of your blog and enjoying the work you put into it.

The check-in at the MIA port with Aurea experience is a big question for me. I’ve decided to expect a general check-in and luggage drop as if we are in Bella or Fantastica so that I’m not waiting for some special check-in that is actually minimal in MSC’s eyes 😁

1 hour ago, texangal39 said:

Thanks for responding! I’m on page 6 of your blog and enjoying the work you put into it.

The check-in at the MIA port with Aurea experience is a big question for me. I’ve decided to expect a general check-in and luggage drop as if we are in Bella or Fantastica so that I’m not waiting for some special check-in that is actually minimal in MSC’s eyes 😁

Your luggage drop off will be the same as all non-YC. Just drop your luggage with any of the porters outside. Once inside the terminal, there will be a separate entrance to the ratmaze lines for Diamond/Aurea. I am Diamond, so had access to that on my cruise put of Miami a couple of weeks ago, but it didn't really matter, as there weren't really any lines for check-in due to the traffic situation around the Port of Miami.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, texangal39 said:

Have a great day!😀

Currently on Seascape.

Only YC has designated bag drop.

Cannot comment on checkin but our friends who are Diamond and get priority boarding were checked in quick but had to wait an hour for their group to be called.

We were on in less than 15 for YC.

Cannot comment on restaurant

App works once on board 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 5:43 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

Currently on Seascape.

Only YC has designated bag drop.

Cannot comment on checkin but our friends who are Diamond and get priority boarding were checked in quick but had to wait an hour for their group to be called.

We were on in less than 15 for YC.

Cannot comment on restaurant

App works once on board 

Thank you for the f/u and info! It’s pretty much as I expected. Hope the cruise is going great! Wishing you a fabulous time!