Perks that come in A1 Prime Aqua Class

beverly631

2 hours ago, keesar said:

There are posters that just want to be oppositional.

As mentioned, there are great cabins in Aqua Class and the location depends on the specific ship.  The numbers are not the same from ship to ship.  I have never had noise from above as I look at the deck plans and choose using that information.

I think it’s rude for you to say that.  I asked for basic information from someone responding to a comment.  I may not have said please but I know I said thank you.

Edited by zitsky

17 hours ago, zitsky said:

Aqua cabins are in the worst part of the ship.  Under the pool for example.  They could choose to make it several decks below but they don’t.  Blu restaurant and Spa are the only perks.

not true! Some are, some aren’t… just like other staterooms.

M class A1s are fabulous - nothing above. S class A2s under Spa or Persian Garden. I can’t even list all the good ones on E class.

Maybe you are thinking about the A2s on M class under the overhang and pool deck. But that not all of Aqua 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Miaminice

8 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

not true! Some are, some aren’t… just like other staterooms 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s been said that Aqua cabins on deck 11 are good.  Although no one commented about noise from the pool.

I do read the cabin spreadsheets before every cruise.  So I understand there are good and bad cabins.

In general if I’m paying the high price for Aqua I would prefer to be in a quiet cabin a few decks below the pool instead of right below the pool.

I do read the spreadsheets but I shouldn’t have to in order to find a quiet cabin for that price.

The best marketer can sell ice in winter.  That’s what Celebrity does with their Aqua cabins.

Edited by zitsky

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

n general if I’m paying the high price for Aqua I would prefer to be in a quiet cabin a few decks below the pool instead of right below the pool.

M class A1s are quiet, S class A2s are quiet, the ones we had on E class were quiet. Even the A1 on M class - although I don’t like the overhang - were quiet. We have done over 20 cruises in Aqua.

2 hours ago, dock said:

@zitsky, Apex,  Prime Aqua Class cabins on Deck 9 and 10 seem to be a good location to me. Cabins above and below ,next to and in some cases even across from other cabins. 

Am I missing something about them? Looking at booking Apex to Norway potentially( have booked Prima but reviews are so extreme that we’re now ambivalent about NCL). Thanks.

I’ll look at Apex.  I didn’t know there were Aqua cabins on deck 10.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

M class A1s are quiet, S class A2s are quiet, the ones we had on E class were quiet. Even the A1 on M class - although I don’t like the overhang - were quiet. We have done over 20 cruises in Aqua.

Thank you.

Finding a “Good” Aqua Class cabin on M and S Class ships takes time to check out the location. Most cruisers agree that a good cabin is one that has staterooms above and below. It is actually easier to select a “good” veranda cabin with that type of criteria. @zitsky may have overstated their case by saying Aqua cabins are the worst cabins, but they are correct that there are a lot of poor locations especially since X is getting more money for these locations. I seem to recall when Aqua was created that there were many comments that those locations were selected because they were less desirable and adding Blu and the Persian Gardens as perks allowed X to sell them at a higher price. Not many cruisers would choose a cabin under the pool or buffet if other cabins are available. 

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I think it’s rude for you to say that.  I asked for basic information from someone responding to a comment.  I may not have said please but I know I said thank you.

I have already responded to you, look at my post in which I already said on Ascent all Aqua are on decks 9-10 3 decks below the pool.  Look at the deck plan for cabin numbers.

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

I like the overhang on M class.  It is protection from the sun...

3 hours ago, dock said:

@zitsky, Apex,  Prime Aqua Class cabins on Deck 9 and 10 seem to be a good location to me. Cabins above and below ,next to and in some cases even across from other cabins. 

Am I missing something about them? Looking at booking Apex to Norway potentially( have booked Prima but reviews are so extreme that we’re now ambivalent about NCL). Thanks.

I think you are fine, those cabins are 2 decks below the pool.  I have seen so many posts from people who love Aqua class and never heard issues with noise from the pool.

• Thanks 1

The OP thread title ~

The entire back and forth about whether or not the Aqua Class staterooms are any good or not, and the broad brush across all classes that their locations are awful etc. do not appear very helpful or probably close to off topic.  If members can't stick to the topic, start another thread, such as, Aqua Class Stateroom Locations are Awful.

The OP has already selected the A1 Prime Aqua Class, probably after looking at the deck plans and making a reasonably informed decision for the specific ship like, assuming, most cruisers do.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, At Sea At Peace said:

The OP thread title ~

The entire back and forth about whether or not the Aqua Class staterooms are any good or not, and the broad brush across all classes that their locations are awful etc. do not appear very helpful or probably close to off topic.  If members can't stick to the topic, start another thread, such as, Aqua Class Stateroom Locations are Awful.

The OP has already selected the A1 Prime Aqua Class, probably after looking at the deck plans and making a reasonably informed decision for the specific ship like, assuming, most cruisers do.

Yes.  Let’s make sure that all Cruise Critic threads stay on topic.

On 2/10/2024 at 12:15 AM, Pushka said:

Your question was answered but you kept posting 'what cabin'. Most don't bother posting on the spreadsheet so.  🤷‍♀️ All of these are in an excellent location as they are under the service areas of the spa location and away from the pool and aft of the gymnasium. 

IMG_1134.jpeg

IMG_1135.jpeg

We were in 1524 on the Reflection last October. Very quiet room, close to the elevator. This year we will be in 1538 on the Silhouette. I’m hoping we will have a similar experience.