Anytime Dining on Beyond

deecruzer

For those who have done Anytime Dining on Beyond, if I make a reservation for the same time in one of the four main restaurants, will I have the same wait staff? Also, does it really matter which one I choose?  I know that most of the nightly menus are the same with a few dishes different in each one.  Am I better off checking the menu in the morning and choosing a different one every night and just showing up?

Thanks for any assistance.

In my experience you won't necessarily have the same wait staff, but if you prefer particular servers you can ask the host to seat you in their station, assuming there is availability and they are working there that evening (which is likely). With Anytime Dining, you can just show up to whichever restaurant you choose whenever you choose. You can order from any of the four main dining room menus regardless of which one you are seated in. 

Edited by MarkWiltonM
  • Like 1

Once you are onboard you can reserve your dining times.  The staff will always try to keep you with the same team because it benefits them in the long run.  I have seen the same thing on the M and S class ships and my time dining.  They like to keep you with the same staff as much as possible to you are more likely to add an additional tip at the end of your cruise.

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

There is a strange thing with the booking system on Celebrity. It looks like you can reserve dining times on the E class ships. But in fact, you don’t have a reserved dining time. It’s all open seating.

So- the reservations I make on the app aren't any use?

1 hour ago, Mr. Click said:

Once you are onboard you can reserve your dining times.  The staff will always try to keep you with the same team because it benefits them in the long run.  I have seen the same thing on the M and S class ships and my time dining.  They like to keep you with the same staff as much as possible to you are more likely to add an additional tip at the end of your cruise.

Thank you

6 minutes ago, deecruzer said:

So- the reservations I make on the app aren't any use to me for the main dining rooms?

We were on Beyond in January with anytime dining. I made reservations in the different dining rooms, with some duplicates, every night. Many people here said the reservations aren’t honored. Not true. We spoke with the hostess at the first dining room we went to and she said if you have a reservation they hold a table for you for up to 15 minutes after the reserved time. Which is what happened for us. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cbfb said:

We were on Beyond in January with anytime dining. I made reservations in the different dining rooms, with some duplicates, every night. Many people here said the reservations aren’t honored. Not true. We spoke with the hostess at the first dining room we went to and she said if you have a reservation they hold a table for you for up to 15 minutes after the reserved time. Which is what happened for us. 

Thank you for clarifying.  I made dinner reservations many, many months ago for the main dining rooms and was wondering if they will be honored.  Glad to hear they are!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, deecruzer said:

So- the reservations I make on the app aren't any use to me for the main dining rooms?

We had chose anytime dining when we booked and I made reservations in the MDRs for the first 3 nights via the cruise planner.  Our reservations were honored on the ship. Both Edge and Ascent.

• Like 1