Pre Cruise Hotel Question

Navis

Apologies in advance for what I'm sure will turn out to be a dumb question!  I did search the Board and found some related threads but nothing as basic as my question.  We have our first Regent cruise later this spring and we are in a cabin class that includes the one night pre-cruise included hotel.  When we booked this cruise I opted out of the included airfare as we plan to fly in a few days early to visit with some friends.  Our plan is to just check out of the hotel we have booked for those days and taxi over to the Regent assigned hotel for the pre-cruise night and take advantage of Regent transport to the port on embarkation day.

I can see on my itinerary that our hotel has been assigned, but my question is do I need to do anything formal to "accept" that reservation with Regent?  I've never spoken to anyone at Regent letting them know that although we declined the included airfare, we do intend to use the pre-cruise hotel night.  Is it normal for people to just show up and check in without previously confirming with Regent? I suppose I could just call and ask, but I thought I would check in first here! Many thanks in advance for any insights provided.

Do you have a TA? TA could tell you.

Since you have booked your own air, you will not have a transfer from airport to hotel - you probably already know this.

If you would have declined the pre-cruise hotel, you would have gotten a modest credit for that one night.  This would show up on the detail pricing.

I would bet if you do not have this credit for the hotel, they will have a room for you.  But to be on the safe side, just call Regent to double check. Have your booking number handy.

1 hour ago, Navis said:

do I need to do anything formal to "accept" that reservation with Regent?

No. It will show on your itinerary and on your final paperwork.

1 hour ago, Navis said:

Our plan is to just check out of the hotel we have booked for those days and taxi over to the Regent assigned hotel for the pre-cruise night and take advantage of Regent transport to the port on embarkation day.

Why not just take a credit from Regent for the included hotel, extend your stay at your chosen hotel and then take a cab/uber to the ship on embarkation day? Just a thought.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mj_holiday said:

Do you have a TA? TA could tell you.

Since you have booked your own air, you will not have a transfer from airport to hotel - you probably already know this.

If you would have declined the pre-cruise hotel, you would have gotten a modest credit for that one night.  This would show up on the detail pricing.

I would bet if you do not have this credit for the hotel, they will have a room for you.  But to be on the safe side, just call Regent to double check. Have your booking number handy.

Thank you!  I don't see a hotel credit on my booking paperwork like I do for the declined airfare so perhaps that's the answer, but a double check with Regent can't hurt! Thank you 

21 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

No. It will show on your itinerary and on your final paperwork.

Why not just take a credit from Regent for the included hotel, extend your stay at your chosen hotel and then take a cab/uber to the ship on embarkation day? Just a thought.

Thank you!  And now that you suggest extending at our first hotel, that does sound like a better idea.  I think at the time I booked the cruise the total price was just so much more than we had spent on our other (non luxury level) cruises I thought I'd just save some money where I could.  Now that the total has been paid ... maybe just one more night and uber would not be that bad 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Navis said:

Thank you!  And now that you suggest extending at our first hotel, that does sound like a better idea.  I think at the time I booked the cruise the total price was just so much more than we had spent on our other (non luxury level) cruises I thought I'd just save some money where I could.  Now that the total has been paid ... maybe just one more night and uber would not be that bad 🙂

If you’ve made your final payment you might be locked into the pre-cruise hotel. I haven’t tested the thesis but I’ve always assumed that after final payment changes we’re not allowed. 

One way to verify if you have the hotel booked is to go to your account at rssc.com, click “manage this booking” then “show my itinerary”. Under port and day choose Pre and if a hotel stay is displayed then you’re in like Flynn. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Navis said:

I believe the hotel credit is $150 per person, so $300 per night.  Pretty much will offset the cost for your room.  All you'll lose is a free breakfast and transport to the ship.  So since you are already settled, taking your hotel credit might definitely be advantageous to you.  We do that all the time 

16 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

If you’ve made your final payment you might be locked into the pre-cruise hotel. I haven’t tested the thesis but I’ve always assumed that after final payment changes we’re not allowed. 

The included hotel night can be cancelled up to 60 days before the cruise.  If you look on your Booking Statement, it shows the cancellation schedule.