Miami Hotel - Brickell and Other

LuCruise

Having a hard time finding a hotel for our December cruise (but realized we should book soon as prices only go up).

We are arriving in the afternoon so just need a clean place, preferably with breakfast, with dinner options near by (fast good or restaurant) and preferably a place such as Publix to grab last minute sunscreen or other.

We've stayed at Hampton Inn in Brickell and enjoy it there (with great restaurants around) but the price is high around $500 CAD.

Anyone stayed at Tru by Hilton Miami West Brickell?  Or Hotel Indigo Miami Brickell?  Cost is still up there but a bit better.

Even airport hotels seem pricey (e.g. Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon) and Pullman. There are other reasonable airport hotels but they seem more isolated..

Any other suggestions?  

On 2/12/2024 at 10:42 AM, ditzygrly said:

On 2/13/2024 at 1:24 PM, scottca075 said:

Book something now that is fully refundable and keep checking.

Exactly, We booked the Holiday Inn Downtown for our September cruise. We are staying 3 nights before our sailing, but now I am looking at other places close by, and will just cancell and rebook if we find something better. 

• Like 1

The book a refundable hotel and keep looking is the best advice. This far out in December is going to be high, and if lots of people book it will remain high. But chances are sometime in say July or August you will find better deals. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks. Yeah we tend to book refundable for that reason. Cost is high but it tends to only go up as it gets closer ...which is why I like to book early. 

There is a sweet spot when rates are lower. When rates are released, it is usually rack rate (highest), but as the date draws closer and rooms are unsold, rates drop. As the lower rate attracts more bookings, the rate climbs again.

The worst job in the hospitality industry is to be a Hotel Revenue Manager. You may have to change rates daily and keep some rates high (ocean front) and drastically drop others (parking lot view).

• Like 1

We were about to book Hotel Indigo in my original post, but then I noticed that there is an additional cost for breakfast, and even that cost only covered 2 and we are a party of 4.  That turned me off, so crossed it off.

We booked an airport hotel for now..price was "ok" (compared to general rates we are seeing) and has restaurants near by. No Publix though and not super exciting, but since we arrive mid to late afternoon, this should be fine.  Will still keep my eye open.

Edited by LuCruise