Which Klymit inflatable mattress?

Which version fits on the "king" bed on RCL?  I have been reading a lot of comments about how hard the beds are and I want to be prepared.  We are flying so taking a foam topper will not work.  However, since we want the beds to be configured together I don't want a Klymit that only covers 2/3 of the mattress either.

My cruise is coming up quick so I need to get a couple of them ordered if I am going to do so.  

Also, if you have used an inflatable mattress for RCL beds, how did it work out?  Was it a big improvement?

TIA

You can ask your room attendant for a mattress topper, if that would make the bed more comfortable. We are on Brilliance now and we don’t find the mattress hard at all. We’ve slept very well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeffr6596 said:

Which version fits on the "king" bed on RCL?  I have been reading a lot of comments about how hard the beds are and I want to be prepared.  We are flying so taking a foam topper will not work.  However, since we want the beds to be configured together I don't want a Klymit that only covers 2/3 of the mattress either.

My cruise is coming up quick so I need to get a couple of them ordered if I am going to do so.  

Also, if you have used an inflatable mattress for RCL beds, how did it work out?  Was it a big improvement?

TIA

@island lady Just got off Serenade of the seas and she had one she was using. If she sees this, she can comment on what she got and how well it worked.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, mo&fran said:

@island lady Just got off Serenade of the seas and she had one she was using. If she sees this, she can comment on what she got and how well it worked.

No, I did not use the Klymit brand, knowing they could separate and would not cover the king size bed.   

I bought a simple 1.5 inch foam mattress pad from Walmart.  It was highly compressed in packaging, thus fit in my 2nd duffle bag easily.  I packed a large pair of scissors in my suitcase, knowing I had to trim down to size.  Worked great...left it on the bed when we disembarked.  Well worth dragging it on board.  

• Like 2

I keep hearing how hard the beds are but in 10 cruises we've never had an issue with a bed. Not sure if we've just been lucky or we aren't that picky. Our bed at home is a pillow top so it's soft , so I would think if the beds were that hard we'd have noticed.

Guess in August I'll know for sure since it'll be my first cruise since having a rod in my leg & screws in my hip😆

• Like 1

We sleep on a memory foam mattress at home and I have a really hard time sleeping on anything that doesn't conform to my body. I never get a truly good night's sleep on cruises for that reason. Everything always feels hard and like my spine is unsupported. We bought hikkero self inflating sleeping pads for this time around and I'm hoping that helps.

Since we were on board in the same cabin for 63 nights until this last Sunday...yeah, I wanted a solid foam topper.   And will bring another one when we reboard for another 63 nights in July.  😉 

I am told that the ships no longer have the egg crate toppers - I do have the Klymit mattress, however I prefer the egg crate memory foam. For my upcoming Oasis cruise, I will be visiting a Walmart while in Miami, or ordering one to be delivered to my hotel via instacart. I will not sleep on any RC bed without it.  The folded up blankets they use to "soften" the mattress is ridiculous.

• Like 2