Our experience at Sky Reef

noshoobie

We just got back from our cruise and wanted to comment about Sky Reef. There is a thread on this board titled Money Bar vs Sky Reef and that's how I decided on Sky Reef. So glad that we did. I had seen a photo of a chart on another board that the cost to get to Sky Reef was $13 but I think that was from the International Pier. We docked at Punta Langosta which is a little farther away. So we go to the cab area and I asked how much to get to Sky Reef and the first guy says $30. I said no. The second guy says $20 and I again say no. The third cabbie pulls up a chart on his phone similar to the one I saw on CC and it says $16. We go with that guy. I would say it was about a 10-15 minute drive. I wanted to do the ala carte but my DH insisted we do the package at $20 pp because it included the snorkel gear, tequila tasting, one drink per person, and a massage (which we did not do). It was well worth it. Every staff member we came upon was friendly and the food and frozen drinks were very good. We felt very safe there. The water was crystal clear and we saw many different fish along with sea fans. We both agreed that if we come back to Cozumel we would visit Sky Reef again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for this followup review.  Just for everyone's information, I messaged the WhatsApp number on their website today at 3:23PM asking about making reservations.  Got a response at 3:25 asking how many.  I replied immediately, including our first names.  Marcus replied at 3:27 that he would make the reservation.  At 3:29 I thanked him and told him to let me know if he needed any further information.  At 3:31 he replied that the reservations were made, see us then.  So in 8 minutes it was done.  EIGHT MINUTES!  This is for next week so when we get back I'll follow up here with a review.  Can't wait.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, lifes-a-beach said:

Thanks for this followup review.  Just for everyone's information, I messaged the WhatsApp number on their website today at 3:23PM asking about making reservations.  Got a response at 3:25 asking how many.  I replied immediately, including our first names.  Marcus replied at 3:27 that he would make the reservation.  At 3:29 I thanked him and told him to let me know if he needed any further information.  At 3:31 he replied that the reservations were made, see us then.  So in 8 minutes it was done.  EIGHT MINUTES!  This is for next week so when we get back I'll follow up here with a review.  Can't wait.

That’s certainly efficient! Let us know how it goes compared to the other clubs you have visited. It has been a while since we were there.

The only negative I have heard is to watch your check and they try to push packages, which is OK if you want them. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2024 at 1:05 PM, noshoobie said:

We just got back from our cruise and wanted to comment about Sky Reef. There is a thread on this board titled Money Bar vs Sky Reef and that's how I decided on Sky Reef. So glad that we did. I had seen a photo of a chart on another board that the cost to get to Sky Reef was $13 but I think that was from the International Pier. We docked at Punta Langosta which is a little farther away. So we go to the cab area and I asked how much to get to Sky Reef and the first guy says $30. I said no. The second guy says $20 and I again say no. The third cabbie pulls up a chart on his phone similar to the one I saw on CC and it says $16. We go with that guy. I would say it was about a 10-15 minute drive. I wanted to do the ala carte but my DH insisted we do the package at $20 pp because it included the snorkel gear, tequila tasting, one drink per person, and a massage (which we did not do). It was well worth it. Every staff member we came upon was friendly and the food and frozen drinks were very good. We felt very safe there. The water was crystal clear and we saw many different fish along with sea fans. We both agreed that if we come back to Cozumel we would visit Sky Reef again. 

Thanks for the report.

We are pretty weak swimmers.  Is it possible to stand every once in awhile or is it all coral on the bottom?

Did it get crowded?

Thanks!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Thanks for the report.

We are pretty weak swimmers.  Is it possible to stand every once in awhile or is it all coral on the bottom?

Did it get crowded?

Thanks!

Yes, very shallow and plenty of area's you can stand up in. The whole area is pretty shallow up and down there along the sides. 🙂 

You can check out my review with pictures and you can see the top of the water versus the bottom. HERE

Edited by mitsugirly
  • Thanks 1

Agree with Mitsugirly. There are plenty of areas that you can stand if you do not go into the deeper water. The day we were there (a Thursday in February) it was not crowded at all. There were 4 or 5 ships in port that day. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We are Back!  We loved Sky Reef.  The taxi fee was posted and was $16 one way.  Easy!

They did try to get us to get the package rate, just said we wanted a short quiet stay and kept walking.  They need tried to get us to buy anything after that.  Great!

Good chairs.  Great view and snorkling from the stairs on the beach!  Our new favorite.

Thanks for the information from everyone!

1 minute ago, happy cruzer said:

We are Back!  We loved Sky Reef.  The taxi fee was posted and was $16 one way.  Easy!

They did try to get us to get the package rate, just said we wanted a short quiet stay and kept walking.  They need tried to get us to buy anything after that.  Great!

Good chairs.  Great view and snorkling from the stairs on the beach!  Our new favorite.

Glad it worked out for you!

On 4/14/2024 at 5:54 PM, happy cruzer said:

Sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for updating.

• Like 1