33-Day South Pacific Islands & Hawaii

DShock

Just booked this cruise.  Have cruised to Hawaii many times but never South Pacific Islands.  Is there a Roll Call for this one yet?  Any advice from those that have done this one before?

15 minutes ago, DShock said:

Grand Princess October 24, 2024.  Yes, looked through Roll Calls.  Maybe it's too far out.

I see Oct 31, 2024 Grand Princess 33 night?  Do you have the right year?

This one has been on our list for a while and glad to be booked.  Lots has changed on Princess since our last cruise with them.  We focused exclusively on RCCl for years to spend time on their new ships, which are amazing!

Now we need to begin the process of looking at excursions, a lot to look at and decide on.  So if anyone has been to these places before we would love your recommendations.  

Also, why are the excursions in Hawaii not showing at this time?

I have done this cruise with a very similar itinerary and have also visited many of these ports on a transpacific from Sydney to L.A. There are interesting ports. But some like Moorea don't have a lot there. We took a ship's tour around Moorea.  Some of the other islands are similar. The roll call will most likely be putting tours together. Be prepared for lots of sea days, there are 22 of them. There will be a crossing the equator event. If you wish to be one of the participants that do stuff like kiss a fish, get slimed with pudding. and other things see the CD right away at the start of the cruise and ask to be placed on the list. Otherwise you can just watch. Bring lots of sun screen. The sun is very strong at and south of the equator. At this time of year it will be directly overhead halfway between the equator and the Tropic of Capricorn. While Pacific tends to mean calm waters it can get rockin' & rollin' . Start planning. My experience is that it takes lots.  

You can book Princess tours now. Except for Tahiti these islands are small with not a lot of population an infrastructure. I would imagine that tours will fill fairly quickly. My guess for the Hawaii ports is that the tour costs and contracts for the 2024/2025 winter season are not complete. Keep watching. 

We absolutely loved Moorea of all the stops.  We did a private Jet ski tour - 2.5 hours.  Just our guide on his jet ski and us (me and DW) on one jet ski.  Toured all over.  Stopped for snorkeling at the lagoon by the small off shore island.  Saw plenty of jumping dolphins, saw a couple whales, trolled slowly over shallows and looked down on plenty of turtles and rays.  And of course, we opened up the throttle a bit and had some fun.  Quite an affordable excursion actually.  Can't recall the exact cost, but I thought it was a bargain.