Caribbean Princess "Thermal Spa" Feedback Please

Thunderbird19

Will be sailing on the Caribbean Princess for the first time later this year and am trying to decide if paying the extra $ to be able to get into that spa area would be worth it.  From what I can determine, it is not a large thermal spa area like I have seen on other ships.  Only 5 or 6 heated  tiles lounge chairs in an area without windows.  But there are sauna and steam rooms for both men and women and I don't think they can be accessed by passengers unless you have paid for spa access or are getting a spa service.  Not sure if there is a heated jacuzzi area to use.   

Can anyone that has recent experience with this area on the ship comment?   Thanks, in advance!

2 minutes ago, Thunderbird19 said:

Will be sailing on the Caribbean Princess for the first time later this year and am trying to decide if paying the extra $ to be able to get into that spa area would be worth it.  From what I can determine, it is not a large thermal spa area like I have seen on other ships.  Only 5 or 6 heated  tiles lounge chairs in an area without windows.  But there are sauna and steam rooms for both men and women and I don't think they can be accessed by passengers unless you have paid for spa access or are getting a spa service.  Not sure if there is a heated jacuzzi area to use.   

Can anyone that has recent experience with this area on the ship comment?   Thanks, in advance!

No pool or hot tub or any water function at all in any Grand or Island class ships. The hydropool wasn't introduced til Royal Princess, and later ships . 

It is just a few heated tile loungers, steam and sauna. In a windowless dark area .

I'd strongly suggest touring it first before buying it - personally, I wouldn't pay for it. It's quiet and all, but nothing special or such.  I can relax in my cabin with a hot steamy shower, lol.  

• Like 1

The retreat pool and hot tubs are for all (adult) passengers without a charge.  I have toured the "thermal suite" area and have only used the hot stone beds (once).  I don't know if there is a charge for the wet/dry saunas since they are included as a suite perk.  

Yes, do take a tour before making a purchase.  

• Like 1

@Thunderbird19, I suggest you also take a tour of the changing rooms on the Caribbean Princess as I believe this ship still has complimentary saunas and steam room, showers and lockers in the changing rooms for the fitness center. You can then decide if you want to pay to get a thermal spa pass to use the heated loungers and the other amenities.

19 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The retreat pool and hot tubs are for all (adult) passengers without a charge.  I have toured the "thermal suite" area and have only used the hot stone beds (once).  I don't know if there is a charge for the wet/dry saunas since they are included as a suite perk.  

Yes, do take a tour before making a purchase.  

No Retreat Pool or hot tubs in Caribbean Princess. Again, those are Royal class ships spaces.

Lotus Spa pool on CB is open to anyone (adult) no charge. 

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

No Retreat Pool or hot tubs in Caribbean Princess. Again, those are Royal class ships spaces.

Sorry, wrong name.  "The pool in the pointy part of the ship" is free.  

29 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Sorry, wrong name.  "The pool in the pointy part of the ship" is free.  

To be fair, that pool at the pointy end is crew only..  

But yes, Lotus Spa pool is forward of the forward elevators. 

15 minutes ago, Thunderbird19 said:

Thank you all - good information!  I do intend to use the fitness center and if  lockers, showers, sauna, & steam rooms are available that is great.  

Pretty sure CB still has the free steam/sauna in female/male changing rooms.  

Definitely tour the Thermal Suite before buying it... 

22 hours ago, reedprincess said:

When I was on there was a Lotus Pool directly next to the Sanctuary that was adult only and had hot tubs. It was a nice free area but maybe different from what is on the Royal Class. 

36 minutes ago, seeyouinthesun said:

When I was on there was a Lotus Pool directly next to the Sanctuary that was adult only and had hot tubs. It was a nice free area but maybe different from what is on the Royal Class. 

The Lotus Spa pool (called the Lap Pool on the deck plan at the website) is one deck down from the Sanctuary, surrounded by the spa on Caribbean Princess. Adult only, as noted, and open to anyone, yeah, hot rubs set into/next to it. I was incorrect aboutve on the no hot tubs. Getting ships mixed up again, 🤦🏻‍♀️

It is usually very quiet as most people assume it's either associated to the Sanctuary only or pay venue of some sort.

It was great when it used to have the current machine, so you could swim against the current for a fab workout.  Those have gone the way of the dodo.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1