Boarding time out of Miami?

artlee

Hi Everyone.

We are counting down to our first Seabourn cruise and very excited. The ship (Quest) is scheduled to leave at 5 out of Miami. Based on your experiences what would your guess be on boarding time. We are in a Penthouse if that makes a difference. Hoping to have lunch on board and need to schedule a ride. Appreciate any of your thoughts.

Thanks a lot,

Art

I would arrive around 12:00-12:15.  There may be a little queueing but not too bad, get checked in, and have a seat in the waiting area for a bit. You should be on board between 12:45 and 13:00.  Suites should be available when you board.  Then you can go find some food.  Remember its a small ship with about 450 pax maximum so boarding is pretty quick once they get going.  If you arrive at 13:00 you'll probably walk right on board.  Enjoy your trip!

Edited by stan01
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, artlee said:

Hi Everyone.

We are counting down to our first Seabourn cruise and very excited. The ship (Quest) is scheduled to leave at 5 out of Miami. Based on your experiences what would your guess be on boarding time. We are in a Penthouse if that makes a difference. Hoping to have lunch on board and need to schedule a ride. Appreciate any of your thoughts.

Thanks a lot,

Art

In our experience, boarding Seabourn is never difficult since the ships are relatively small and the cruisers very experienced and not rushing to the port.  That being said, our of Miami we would be thinking around noon.  Why?  Getting aboard for lunch :).  Boarding will likely start by 11 or 11:30 but that is often determined by the US CBP folks who have their "zero out" policy.

Hank

• Like 1

7 hours ago, artlee said:

Hi Everyone.

Thanks a lot,

Art

Steady on Art!

We won't be out of that cabin (918) until 0900. But promise to leave it in good condition.

We board in Rio and are getting pretty excited too!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, where-to-next said:

Steady on Art!

We won't be out of that cabin (918) until 0900. But promise to leave it in good condition.

That will be us after our 11 night turn. Best wishes for a wonderful trip! We love sea days and the calmness and quiet to chill and a TA affords that in grand manner. 🙂

Thanks to Stand and Hiltner for their advice!

About 2 weeks before your cruise you will receive a notification advising of your boarding time. Although the email will politely warn not to arrive early, as you will be turned away, most people ignore that and no one is turned away.

On our last cruise, we arrived at the port at 1200, were checked in straight away,  and directed to a waiting room which already contained a large number of people. Boarding commenced at 1230 and we were all on board by 1245.

Enjoy your cruise - Steve 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 2:17 AM, where-to-next said:

Steady on Art!

You will likely be required to vacate your suite by 8 am. you can stay on the ship until 9 or 9:30, but you need to be out of your suite by 8.

On 2/15/2024 at 8:35 PM, Hlitner said:

Boarding will likely start by 11 or 11:30

That sounds early to me. I wouldn't show up until noon, expecting boarding to commence at noon or 12:30. But it does depend on a variety of factors, particularly the local immigration officials.

We were just on a cruise which departed out of St. Maarten. People were sitting in the cruise terminal checked in and waiting for boarding to begin, and when the two immigration agents showed up at 12:30, there was a round of applause as were were allowed to line up for clearance to head aboard. (They did not appear to be amused.) 😀

• Like 1

I'll be on that sailing as well! 

I wonder how many passengers will be embarking or disembarking the Quest in Miami.  After all, it isn't one of those "bus runs" back and forth from Miami to the Caribbean so I suspect it isn't like a typical turnaround day you find on the mainstream cruise lines in Miami.

I find it odd that Quest outta Miami November 1st that we've booked, is listed as a 'tender required' port.

Asked Seabourn about this and they acknowledge it's listed as a tender, but have no more info...

Anyone know how to 'splain this?

Edited by Kilroyshere

30 minutes ago, Kilroyshere said:

I find it odd that Quest outta Miami November 1st that we've booked, is listed as a 'tender required' port.

Asked Seabourn about this and they acknowledge it's listed as a tender, but have no more info...

Anyone know how to 'splain this?

Yes, explanation is that it is a data entry error if Quest is showing Miami as a tender port on embarkation day.

• Like 1