Panorama Soot Problem?

Can happen on any ship, I wouldn't know if the Panorama is any worse or better than any other. It's not really something that can be repaired. When they burn the fuel they burn, soot is a byproduct.

We were on the Panorama for the New years cruise in a 6th deck aft wrap and hubby’s brother was in the aft balcony next to us. We had no soot on our balconies and didn’t notice any in the Havana pool area. It was only its second week back in service and the weather was cooler, not sure if that makes a difference. We loved our cabins and the whole Havana experience, enjoy! 

• Like 2

We sailed the Panorama in January and was offered an upgrade to an aft balcony on the 9th deck.  I was hesitant of taking the offer due to always reading about the soot issue in the aft.  We ended up taking it and had no issues with soot on our balcony and in the Havana area one day I noticed a few specks of soot but nothing that couldnt be just wiped away. Other than that, there was absolutely no issues with the soot.

• Like 2

I think it really depends on conditions.  One evening it was raining lightly and between that, wind direction, and the soot, several decks on the back of the ship looked like someone had poured chocolate syrup all over the place.  They immediately closed the track and some nearby decks because it was so slippery.

It could happen on any ship. We had a very sooty aft balcony on the Carnival Legend. So much so that we couldn’t really enjoy it without ruining our clothes. They would come and “clean” but that lasted about an hour until the chairs were covered again. Needless to say that will be our only aft balcony experience. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the responses.  I had heard it was especially bad on the Panorama so hopefully there will be some improvement.  Our cruise isn't until May 25th so our weather might cooperate.  

We just sailed in the aft wrap on the Miracle and didn't see a speck.