Turn Around Day on B2B in Sydney

dcmom

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Hi Jim, I didn’t do a live feed for the 2 cruises, took a break from CC to just enjoy our 6 weeks down under. We stayed at the Shangri-La hotel at the port on Circular Quay, dropped our luggage off at 11am, and checked in. There were lines to check in for Retreat guests and as soon as we checked in we were told to board, so couldn’t ’say if there was a Retreat lounge waiting area. At 11:00 there were hundreds of people in lines dropping off luggage and checking in ahead of us, so my guess is luggage drop off opened much earlier. There was no Retreat luggage drop off lines, so the longest wait was that line. Next longest wait was customs and Secuity scans and checks. We were on the ship by noon as I remember. Overall, I would say it was an organized and efficient embarkation process.

Thanks Terry --- Gives us some idea.    For our Solstice TP the Shoreside originally told me that checkin would begin at 1:00 since we were not leaving until 6:30.     ChekIn opened yesterday and first time is 12:00 noon.      I checked again last night and all of the 12 and 12:30 are now gone in less than 2 days

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Good info.  Thanks!  We board in Sydney in April.  The first arrival time for our cruise was Noon. Hopefully we will be able drop off our luggage at 11.  

Joan,

Are you on Solstice TransPacific?

25 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks Terry --- Gives us some idea.    For our Solstice TP the Shoreside originally told me that checkin would begin at 1:00 since we were not leaving until 6:30.     ChekIn opened yesterday and first time is 12:00 noon.      I checked again last night and all of the 12 and 12:30 are now gone in less than 2 days

Our check in time was also noon which was the earliest available, but I knew with being in the Retreat we could check in earlier. Judging by the number of people already in lines many, as usually, were not adhering to their assigned check in times.