Mystery cruise

Redtravel

17 hours ago, stcruise said:

Tom and I are discussing taking this cruise.  We have traveled in Europe/Med/Greece areas multiple times both by land and sea.  Some of our cruises have been duplicate itineraries.  And, yes, I am one of those who plan every day out in advance with both independent and Windstar tours as well as on our own things to do.  Leave home with a folder for each day of the trip.  

This would certainly be different.  The only planning on my part would be flights & hotels.  But as we discussed it - how wrong could it go?  Cruising around Greece with Windstar and just enjoying each day as it unfolds.  Maybe we're getting old or maybe just seeking a new kind of adventure, but we are certainly thinking about it.

Just do it!!!  LIBERATED

• 2 weeks later...

I booked it the day it went live! I had such a wonderful time on Star Legend last month and I'm certain this will be a wonderful sailing. I noticed that all of the upper suites were gone a few days after it opened for booking, so I imagine there will be a lot of die hard Windstar sailors on this one. I am hoping this concept becomes a mainstay for Windstar!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2024 at 11:33 AM, Strenz said:

I know my likes are different but art and the ancients are my passion when we travel

Have you considered independent Greek Island hopping? That can be amazing.  I think DW and I are unlikely to cruise often in Greece because the real experience is late afternoon/nighttime/early morning. 

Having visited Greece 8 times some of my favorite memories are of more obscure islands like Folegandos or Samos. But we also have fond memories of old town Mykonos in the evening when the ships leave. Next up in Greece is a visit Lemnos and Samothrace independently sometime in the next two years. 

1 hour ago, wine-wine-wine said:

Have you considered independent Greek Island hopping? That can be amazing.  I think DW and I are unlikely to cruise often in Greece because the real experience is late afternoon/nighttime/early morning. 

Having visited Greece 8 times some of my favorite memories are of more obscure islands like Folegandos or Samos. But we also have fond memories of old town Mykonos in the evening when the ships leave. Next up in Greece is a visit Lemnos and Samothrace independently sometime in the next two years. 

Yes we have, thanks for that. There are two things that got us started with WS Cruises, we adore being on the water, I have been sailing my entire life, lived in coastal MA my whole life except then I lived/ studied//worked in Europe. We do not like driving vacations with the exception of Québec, sane, friendly drivers. ( we have driven all over Europe and  S. America  and a lot of the US )( Driving is not relaxing for us )   We discovered the Wind Surf in 1999, we were sold. Yes,  in the planning independent Greek Islands, more island hopping and  Italy, inland, trains.  When we take WS Cruises on a trip my planning and research is probably extreme. Normally we get drivers, some of whom have become friends. Travel is a passion for us and being on the Surf in the winter for vacations is heaven, me getting out of New England's grim weather for am always cold. Big difference for us trips and vacations. I am so grateful for all of it. We are not wealthy , teacher and child  psychologist, travel is the passion. I love your passion for Greece. Happy Dreaming, Traveling, Vacationing and Learning to us all.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...