Venice & Rome Vrbo's

klfrodo

I completely understand the current controversies surrounding the Vrbo/B&B property rental situations. I understand both sides. However, I would like that controversy to not be included in the answer to my question please.

Now that the potential drama has been put to rest,,,,, how far in advance do you recommend that deposits be made on these properties?

As soon as possible?  6 months out will still give you a good selection? 12 months? 3 months?

I would assume it's based on requirements. We would need 2 bedroom 2 bath at a minimum. A great location in the middle of everything, washer and dryer are highly desirable. A/C would be nice.

I am unsure of exactly what you are referring to, but would be very cautious as I am familiar with several people getting cancelled close to their dates due to “plumbing issues”. YMMV

That being said I would look in Venice in  Cannaregio or Castello.  We stayed in a two bed apartment that we rented through a hotel.  They also provided breakfast.  It had laundry.  We also had a three bedroom  VRBO on the north side but it was many flights of stairs.  Be aware that second floor is equivalent to North American 3 rd floor.  

IMO the sooner the better.  

Edited by bennybear

I booked a VRBO for Sept 2024 a few months ago. It had all 5-star reviews so I hopefully they don’t cancel or two-night pre-cruise stay. However, I don’t think you get to leave a review if they cancel on you. To be safe, we also reserved a hotel room that allows 48 hour free cancellation. I would like to think the VRBO would not cancel with less notice than that. Since we have three in our party, it’s more difficult for us to find hotel rooms in Rome since they don’t usually cater to more than 2 people. Fingers crossed our VRBO works out. 

• Like 2