What Vodka's are Served Onboard?

doone

16 minutes ago, Gigi1977 said:

I know they have Tito’s (Texas girl) and Skyy, Stoli and Gray Goose.. 

Great, that's what I was looking for Tito's........thanks so much.

• Like 1

I'll try to pay more attention next month but I remember seeing Skyy and some flavors. There was Smirnoff as well. I miss the old liquor brand lists.

21 hours ago, doone said:

I have searched this forum and can't find the listing, was hoping someone could post the different vodka's served onboard the ships?

Many thanks,

Our experience has been that a list is not very helpful since the actual inventory changes with the phases of the moon.  But, when we were on the Westerdam (Mar - May) there was a pretty decent assortment of Vodkas.  Our goto Vodka is Belvedere and they did have that for about 2/3 of our cruise (they ran out a couple of weeks before the end).  There also was the expected Grey Goose, various Absolutes, and I seem to recall they had Titos.  There were others, but we did not pay much attention.  What was annoying on our 42 day cruise was that the only decent Cognac, covered by the package, was Courvoisier VSOP and they had none aboard.  One bar tender told us they had not had that VSOP for over 6 months (and it was the only one listed for the package).  They also did not have any Baileys, and even ran out of Rose's Lime Juice (needed for a gimlet).  Friends finally bought some Rose's in Kodiak, Alaska and we had a bar tender "hide it" for our personal use.  During our cruise they also ran out of Diet Coke, ginger ale,  and all the included bottled waters such as Pelligrino and Perrier.  For a few days they did have some "Aha" bottled water (never heard of that stuff) but that was also soon depleted.  We also had nearly 2 weeks of cruising around Japan where there was no Earl Grey or English Breakfast tea.

I would make it clear that my post is not to simply trash HAL, because we have experienced all kinds of "inventory issues" with bar items on several other cruise lines (including Explora Journeys and Seabourn).  The best cruise line we have cruised, in terms of booze inventory, has been Princess.

Hank

• Like 1

I’ve never seen crème de menthe on any bar menus or lists. Seems like a common liqueur to carry. (Maybe in old fashioned) Do They usually have it though not listed? It’s great on ice cream or after dinner to settle the stomach. (Hmm Jäegermeister is good for that too)