Flights by Celebrity

PatandStu

Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2024 at 9:14 AM, publicpersona said:

You need to stop reading marketing word salad and instead look at the terms and conditions. After all, these are the marketing geniuses that came up with "Always Included .. every sailing, every booking, every time" but meant "not actually every sailing, not actually every booking, not actually every time" but I digress.

Flights by Celebrity makes no guarantee that they will get you to the ship, and specifically doesn't offer to absorb any costs of alternate travel. They have no control over the ship either. What they commit to is (in marketing words) "be there for you", "have your back", "peace of mind knowing we are there", etc. which actually means they will try to assist making alternate travel arrangements if your flight is delayed or canceled. Exactly what the airline itself or any travel agency does, nothing more.

Exactly.
No benefit at all booking through them unless u get an amazing price. 
Also when I booked with FBC I had to pay immediately. Within the first 24 hours I found a cheaper price elsewhere but they said it wasnt exactly the same so they wouldn't honour the lower price match, as the fight I found didnt have insurance on it. So they refused to give me the lower price but said I could cancel for 200 (290 CDN) bucks.

Initially we had just booked one way (there) as we were thinking of extending our holiday. A few weeks later I called FBC to book a return flight and they said they couldn't do that with out cancelling for 200 bucks the there flight. Then booking both there and return 🤷‍♀️ again made no sense so I booked the return somewhere else.

Anytime I had a question on flight there they said contact air company (Air Canada). Air Canada was actually great…. I found FBC useless after booking and as I said early misleading on we ll get u to the ship. I cant imagine counting on them at all if something went wrong and I had been late and missed cruise. 
like u said read the terms and conditions careful. 😀

Edited by LA24
Add

Posted (edited)

wouldn’t let me edit above …. Just had done an, error should of been refundable not insurance term😀 

N
o benefit at all booking through them unless u get an amazing price. 
Also when I booked with FBC I had to pay immediately. Within the first 24 hours I found a cheaper price elsewhere but they said it wasn't exactly the same, so they wouldn't honour the lower price I had found. The fight I found price didnt have refundable on it and the celebrity one did. To match the price the air ticket had to have all the same conditions. So they refused to give me the lower price but said I could cancel for 200 (290 CDN) bucks. I told them I didnt care about the 24 hour refundable ticket. But they do as they are third party and if u cancel within the first 24 hours they lose no money. Total benefit for them.

Initially we had just booked one way (there) as we were thinking of extending our holiday. A few weeks later I called FBC to book a return flight and they said they couldn't do that with out cancelling for 200 bucks the there flight. Then booking both there and return 🤷‍♀️ again made no sense so I booked the return somewhere else.

Anytime I had a question on flight there they said contact air company (Air Canada). Air Canada was actually great…. I found FBC useless after booking and as I said early misleading on we ll get u to the ship. I cant imagine counting on them at all if something went wrong and I had been late and missed cruise. 
like u said read the terms and conditions careful. 😀

Edited by LA24
Typo

1 hour ago, LA24 said:

No benefit at all booking through them unless u get an amazing price. 

Agreed. And for international flights, I do always check them because they often have consolidator deals and much lower fare internationally. For domestic, I've always found the fares to be $10-$30 more than booking direct.

On 3/12/2024 at 6:42 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

With Air Canada, except for business class, if you book with their "basic" or "standard" ECONOMY fare class, they do not offer free seat selection

If you book Air Canada Economy COMFORT, it includes free seat selection.  However you still have to pay for your flight through FBC before they'll issue a confirmed seat which FBC can do for you.  I always look at the seats available on AC for the flight I'm booking so that I can ask for that particular seat(s) to be confirmed.

Do you have any control over flight routes booked through Celebrity? With some cruise lines you do, and with some you don’t. And with lines that include air in the cruise fare, selecting your airline and route often involves an additional fee. In this time of lack of airline reliability, we want as few connections as possible. Each time there is a connection, the chance of a missed flight increases. And on the connections we can’t avoid, we want adequate layover time to avoid missed flights, but not too much time. 

6 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

Do you have any control over flight routes booked through Celebrity? With some cruise lines you do, and with some you don’t. And with lines that include air in the cruise fare, selecting your airline and route often involves an additional fee. In this time of lack of airline reliability, we want as few connections as possible. Each time there is a connection, the chance of a missed flight increases. And on the connections we can’t avoid, we want adequate layover time to avoid missed flights, but not too much time. 

Yes you can, you go online and look at multiple airlines and routes, then choose which ones you want. Best part is you can fly on one airline going and another coming home. What we did in January to Australia, American to Sydney and home on Air New Zealand, can't do that booking direct with airlines.