Eden Recommendations

cgwv1212

Hi all. My SO and I are travelling on Beyond in June. I am wanting to book Eden but have a few questions. Is it better to go with the regular menu or tasting? Are sea days better than port days? How far in advance do reservations need to be made?

Thabks!

53 minutes ago, cgwv1212 said:

Is it better to go with the regular menu or tasting? 

We loved the tastings menu without the wine pairing.  They charged the same price as the regular menu.  But, on the last cruise there was an upcharge.  We went with the regular menu and shared selections.

I promise there was plenty of food.  And, the food in Eden was very good.  But, I would make reservations early.  😊

Edited by Texed

16 minutes ago, Texed said:

We loved the tastings menu without the wine pairing.  They charged the same price as the regular menu.  But, on the last cruise there was an upcharge.  We went with the regular menu and shared selections.

I promise there was plenty of food.  And, the food in Eden was very good.  But, I would make reservations early.  😊

We went with the regular menu on Ascent and enjoyed everything we tried and agree there is PLENTY of food.  The only thing I will do differently when we dine in Eden next time is get my own crab cake.  Last time DH and I shared one and it was delicious...but he got more than me and I was jealous.  

• Haha 1

Have had both the tasting menu and regular.  Preferred the tasting menu. 

Suggest a sea day if you can get  a reservation.   Usually found going to Eden on boarding made getting a reservation easier if we were flexible time wise. 

Last, Welcome to Cruise Critic 

good advice on the crab cake but I tasted my husb's  and thought it was too salty

we did regular menu on Ascent..our res was 6 pm so no loud music..just a mellow acoustic  duo playing up in the main part of EDEN..

we both ordered the beef and  short rib puff

wine on Classic package was fine

they served a nice tiered cookie tray..too stuffed for any dessert.

we will book it again on APEX

20240130_184540.jpg

20240130_190822.jpg

20240130_100919.jpg

20240130_100734.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Thanks 1

I much prefer the regular menu. While I enjoyed the tasting menu as it allowed me to try things I would not normally order. We left dinner stuffed to the point of saying we ate too much. 

After reading all of the reviews I’ve booked two evenings in Eden on my upcoming cruise. I opted for Le Voyage 3x while on Ascent and I loved it. Looking forward to trying it.  Enjoy your cruise. 🚢