Christmas decorations

watertraveler

9 minutes ago, watertraveler said:

Typically, when does Celebrity decorate their ships for the Christmas season?

The sailing immediately after the Thanksgiving holiday. To give you an idea, here was a decoration schedule that Celebrity published for 2021:

IMG_0617.thumb.jpeg.17dfe83c7b006fb14ca242869f30a910.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

What's amazing is they Appear over one Night like magic.

The large Christmas Trees are kept completely decorated in large containers stored bellow and brought out with forklifts.  The crew are like unseen Santa's Helpers and get it done while we are asleep.

I was onboard  Beyond last month ( Jan. 2nd. to the 8th.) and was surprised that the Christmas decorations were still in place?

On the Morning of January 6th. they were Gone. So Now I know that at least on Beyond they leave them in place till the night of January 5th.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Hmmm.  So I could sail in early December and be on a Christmas cruise.  Nice ...

Yes, but you will miss Santa.

B385FF1C-50B6-4D78-8C30-84EBD0A20E16.thu

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, D. B. said:

What's amazing is they Appear over one Night like magic.

The large Christmas Trees are kept completely decorated in large containers stored bellow and brought out with forklifts.  The crew are like unseen Santa's Helpers and get it done while we are asleep.

I was onboard  Beyond last month ( Jan. 2nd. to the 8th.) and was surprised that the Christmas decorations were still in place?

On the Morning of January 6th. they were Gone. So Now I know that at least on Beyond they leave them in place till the night of January 5th.

We have taken several Christmas-New Years sailings and on each sailing we have observed that some of the decorations are removed by the end of our sailing.  For example the Christmas tree in between Tuscan Grill and Blu was removed by the time we got off Solstice on Jan 3 in Hong Kong.  Foyer decorations were still up.

Untitled-814.thumb.jpeg.684125eadd58eaca

Edited by mahdnc

3 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

We have taken several Christmas-New Years sailings and on each sailing we have observed that some of the decorations are removed by the end of our sailing.  For example the Christmas tree in between Tuscan Grill and Blu was removed by the time we got off Solstice on Jan 3 in Hong Kong.  Foyer decorations were still up.

Untitled-814.thumb.jpeg.684125eadd58eaca

different schedules for each ship?

Yeah, that could be.  I would also think that you would not know what decorations were taken down before you boarded--say Beyond for example.  Just like passengers who boarded Solstice on Jan 3 would have been similarly impressed with the Christmas decorations that were still adorning the ship but not known that the tree by Blu was gone.

Either way--like you said--when they are removed, it's done very efficiently.

10 minutes ago, Tierun said:

I’ve seen decorations being setup on Black Friday 

Now that you mention it, when I look at the published 2021 schedule, Summit had her decorations put up on Thanksgiving Day (Nov 25).

IMG_0617.jpeg.559a60e7f40ad591cddb3c3621

1 hour ago, watertraveler said:

Typically, when does Celebrity decorate their ships for the Christmas season?

In my experience they begin the day after Thanksgiving and continue to decorate up until Christmas Eve.   Each day more and more are added.   By Christmas it is a Winter Wonderland

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, D. B. said:

On the Morning of January 6th. they were Gone.

It could be that they are observing the 12 days of Christmas, with Jan 6th (Epiphany) being the 12th day.