The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday February 19th, 2024

kazu

It’s late. I’m drained. Niece called about noon, asked us to come to hospital. We got there about 2, spent about 2 hrs with her and her dad, my brother whom I haven’t seen in 22 yrs!  By his choice. But today it was all different. We dissected their options together, none of them good really. DSIL is not fully aware, DB is not very able.  
After DH and I got home about 5:30 we got a message that DSIL will be transferred to a Rehab and transported daily or 5 times a week for treatment. None of us are sure it will work but it seems that’s the plan now. Probably as good as any and better than most. 
I appreciate all your good thoughts, whether posted or just sent from the heart!  It’s the best!  

Sandi, I’ve lost very dear ones to dementia, one was more threatening, others could become aggressive in a flash. It’s heartbreaking as well as scary. Prayers for your friends!  

I hope I can sleep but I feel like my brain will be in overdrive. M—

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 8

5 hours ago, dobiemom said:

We just missed you! We passed through Parker about 8:30am this morning on our way home from Lake Havasu City. 

Annie @marshhawk sent me a Jacquie Lawson ecard on Valentine's Day. Hope they are both OK. 

We left our place in Quartzsite about 8:30, and we were surprised at how much traffic was heading south.  Now, we know why.

47 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

It’s late. I’m drained. Niece called about noon, asked us to come to hospital. We got there about 2, spent about 2 hrs with her and her dad, my brother whom I haven’t seen in 22 yrs!  By his choice. But today it was all different. We dissected their options together, none of them good really. DSIL is not fully aware, DB is not very able.  
After DH and I got home about 5:30 we got a message that DSIL will be transferred to a Rehab and transported daily or 5 times a week for treatment. None of us are sure it will work but it seems that’s the plan now. Probably as good as any and better than most. 
I appreciate all your good thoughts, whether posted or just sent from the heart!  It’s the best!  

Sandi, I’ve lost very dear ones to dementia, one was more threatening, others could become aggressive in a flash. It’s heartbreaking as well as scary. Prayers for your friends!  

I hope I can sleep but I feel like my brain will be in overdrive. M—

Maureen, I know today was draining for you physically and emotionally.  I was hoping for a better outcome for your DSIL.  It's amazing how such a crisis can help heal old wounds.

Lenda

• Like 9

And I’m afraid I have to report another sad dementia death. A good friend from grade school/ top graduate of my high school class, has succumbed to a fast onset dementia. A blessing that he and his family didn’t have to suffer through his particular diagnosis.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

15 hours ago, quilty964 said:

We were at the FLL airport yesterday, flight scheduled for 5:20 pm.  Got to the the airport around 11:30, after getting rained out at the Everglades.  Saw people sleeping on the floor at the ticketing area.  Got checked in and went to the gate...what a mess.  Heard flights diverted because of weather, then bad weather alert on the phone.  We were sent to a new gate two times, finally departed around 9:30.  Got home around midnight.  We were glad to get home!  Our cruise on Nieuw Statendam was wonderful, can't say enough good things about the staff, food, entertainment and everything else.  The only "issue" we had was finding somewhere to sit on sea days, not enough chairs!  I'm off to donate blood, have a good afternoon!  K

Yike!  What a mes. 😞. So glad you are home safely 👍 

15 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I heard from my friend Sandy and it wasn't good news about Bob.  Apparently his dementia had been in early stages for a while now but he really moved all of a sudden into severe.  He would get agitated and become violent.  She isn't able to have him at home anymore.  The poor woman is so depressed and worried about what's happening to Bob and her future life.  Please keep her and Bob both in your prayers!🙏

So very sorry to hear about Bob 😔. Dementia is such a cruel thing.  My prayers for Sandy & Bob 🙏 

8 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

I am hopeful that this sad occasion will help bring you and your brother closer.  Such a sad  time.  I hope the rehab can help your DSIL 🙏 

6 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

And I’m afraid I have to report another sad dementia death. A good friend from grade school/ top graduate of my high school class, has succumbed to a fast onset dementia. A blessing that he and his family didn’t have to suffer through his particular diagnosis.

I am so sorry to hear this Susie 😔. Prayer for your friend, his family and you 🙏 

• Like 7