American Queen Ceases Operations

56 minutes ago, DaveinCharlotte said:

I tend to doubt it.  ACL already has five -- count 'm five -- ships operating there, two of which are paddlewheelers.  Those (Pride, West) however are kind of long in the tooth, so maybe ACL would be keen to replace them/

By West do you mean the old Queen of the West? Or as we called it, Queen of the Worst. We sailed on that ship 10 years ago and thought it was in bad shape.

23 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

By West do you mean the old Queen of the West? Or as we called it, Queen of the Worst. We sailed on that ship 10 years ago and thought it was in bad shape.

I don't know; can't find anything on wikipedia.  ACL just calls it "American West, 110 passengers, Inaugurated 1995."  That's pretty old, so you're probably right.

https://www.americancruiselines.com/usa-riverboat-cruise-ships/paddlewheeler-cruise-ships/american-west

16 hours ago, DaveinCharlotte said:

I don't know; can't find anything on wikipedia.  ACL just calls it "American West, 110 passengers, Inaugurated 1995."  That's pretty old, so you're probably right.

Yes, it´s the former Queen of the West.

steamboats

On 4/5/2024 at 2:20 AM, steamboats said:

The Ocean Victory is an expedition ship built for polar regions. It was not really the right ship for Alaska but for the Med???? 

steamboats

Well, the Med it is.  But you have to speak Spanish:

Alma Cruceros to Operate Ocean Victory in Med in 2025

Not the first company which tries to operate on the Spanish speaking market. So far they all failed. And this ship is not suited for warm weather destinations.

steamboats 

• 2 weeks later...

I keep getting multiple duplicate letters with the bankruptcy information...but nothing that helps any of us out with actual refunds yet.  Anyone have any luck yet?  They owe me over 15K for paid in full B2B river cruise.  Ouch.