No More Shareholder Benefit?

16 hours ago, amp-qld said:

Our next cruise is February 2025 so there's a gap between the current end of the benefit (31st December 2024) and when it is supposedly extended (late February).  So far, I've lost $260 on my share purchase and gained $250 OBC so not good so far.

I don't know at what price you paid for the stock however today all cruise stocks are up significantly (RCL, CCL and NCLH all up about 5%).  NCLH told investors they are having a fantastic quarter and raised guidance, RCL and CCL going along for the ride.  RCL reported excellent numbers several weeks ago.  All that's left is for CCL not to screw the momentum up.  

7 hours ago, ontheweb said:

The stock could go up (or further down). You have not lost anything on your purchase until you sell it.

True.  I did say "so far"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lostsoulcruiser said:

I don't know at what price you paid for the stock however today all cruise stocks are up significantly (RCL, CCL and NCLH all up about 5%). 

That has halved my notional loss.  The shares had dropped 5% in the few hours after I bought them and then gradually more in the following days.

• Like 1

I have been reading the posts.  You use an app to buy the stock, but do you need a brokerage account? People have referenced blacking out personal information on their accounts.

• Like 1

I used Robinhood to purchase our cruise stocks. After a month you can get a statement from the Robinhood site to show your holdings and black out your brokerage account number. The new app Stockperks that they use can connect directly to Robinhood for your verification. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, questor said:

I have been reading the posts.  You use an app to buy the stock, but do you need a brokerage account? People have referenced blacking out personal information on their accounts.

You just have to be able to document that you own 100 or more shares of CCL. I carry mine in my Roth IRA and it works just fine. You only need the app to submit your proof to get the OBC through Stockperks. 

Edited by n6uqqq

The benefit is currently available until 31st December 2024.  We have booked a cruise for 1th February 2025.  Can anyone tell me definitively whether the benefit is for the start date of the cruise or the booking date of the cruise?  I suspect that it's the former but it would be nice if it was the latter.

15 minutes ago, amp-qld said:

The benefit is currently available until 31st December 2024.  We have booked a cruise for 1th February 2025.  Can anyone tell me definitively whether the benefit is for the start date of the cruise or the booking date of the cruise?  I suspect that it's the former but it would be nice if it was the latter.

I've answered my own question - it's for sailings until 31st December 2024.  

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, amp-qld said:

I've answered my own question - it's for sailings until 31st December 2024.  

In the past they have renewed around March for cruises thru July the following year but this time they went to December of this year. I suspect it will be renewed in the fall from now on. Makes it easier to do it on a calendar year basis from Jan to Dec imho. 

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Thanks 1

On 5/19/2024 at 9:21 PM, amp-qld said:

So far, I've lost $260 on my share purchase and gained $250 OBC so not good so far.

You're lamenting the fact that you're currently down 10 bucks between what you've paid for your stock and the OBC you have gained?  SMH

38 minutes ago, amp-qld said:

On November 1 you'll be able to apply on Stock perks for your February 2025 sailing OBC.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

You're lamenting the fact that you're currently down 10 bucks between what you've paid for your stock and the OBC you have gained?  SMH

Several people were saying that their stock had doubled or that the benefits had covered their entire stock costs so I was just saying that not everyone has benefited that much. As I'm based in Australia, it took some time to set up the purchase of overseas shares and the timing was such that the shares dropped substantially in the few hours after I bought them and they haven't recovered since.

Edited by amp-qld

2 minutes ago, amp-qld said:

Several people were saying that their stock had doubled or that the benefits had covered their entire stock costs so I was just saying that not everyone has benefited that much.

Yea, those that bought the stock at 8.00-10.00 are very happy.  You've lost 10 bucks.  Consider yourself lucky. 

I've gotten maybe 60% of my losses back as OBC at this point and will eventually make out in the very long run.  Currently will be earning 1550 in OBC via 8 bookings @100 and 3 bookings @250 over the next 21 months.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, amp-qld said:

Several people were saying that their stock had doubled or that the benefits had covered their entire stock costs so I was just saying that not everyone has benefited that much. As I'm based in Australia, it took some time to set up the purchase of overseas shares and the timing was such that the shares dropped substantially in the few hours after I bought them and they haven't recovered since.

Dude, I bought pre-pandemic and have lost  thousands of dollars when I bought my 100 shares.  So, I have zero sympathy for your 10.00 loss.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Dude, I bought pre-pandemic and have lost  thousands of dollars when I bought my 100 shares.  So, I have zero sympathy for your 10.00 loss.

I know the feeling. It was once a great investment as it went up in value and its dividend doubled. But, alas no longer.