Chef's table - is it worth the price?

Danish

We have earlier enjoyed the Chef’s Tables on both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. Good food experience in a smaller group, meeting new people and have had wonderful conversations.

We are having a cruise coming up in June, and would like to do the Chef’s Table again, but the price have gone up dramatically. Furthermore, it seems like wine pairing is no longer included in the price (and this is actually a big part of the experience).

Have anyone been at Chef’s Table lately – is it still worth the price? We are having Premium drink package; can we use this to get wine at the Chef’s Table?

Or would it be better to book a speciality restaurant instead?

We were at the Chef's Table around Christmas.  Is it worth the price?  I probably would not do it again for the price.  I believe the wine pairing adds an extra $65 pp.  It is a good meal and good company,  but I would probably find a Michelin restaurant for the price.

I do not think it is worth it. If your cruise has a chef's market discovery tour (that usually has a unique dinner) then I would say sign up as they are usually great and a lot of fun.

We have done it many times, but we won’t book it again. We think it’s way overpriced. On our last cruise, we booked Murano for 2 mights instead which was way less expensive.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what the price is now & I don't know if my answer would be the same on all ships.

We did Chef's Table on the Beyond in April. Cost--I know we caught a sale & maybe used an AMEX promo code. My notes say we did Chef't Table one night plus Le Voyage another night for $325 for 2. Heck of a deal. 

Chef's Table was in Le Voyage & was AMAZING--one of our top 5 meals on a ship ever. 

Did NOT get wine pairing--they served us Veuve Cliquot all meal, so glad I didn't!

I'd say it is easily worth $100pp, possibly $150 for a one time treat--on Beyond or Ascent.

Not sure if it's the same menu on other ships.

We had Chef's the night b4 our Le Voyage--wish it had been the other way around! Le Voyage was very good, but a bit of a let down after Chef's!

• Thanks 1