Rio de Janeiro: Awesome passionate guide with a heart of gold

As you might know, it is very important for me to share great drivers/guides as I always do a LOT of research to find the guides/drivers we will be using for our future trips…

I booked Augusto many months ahead of our arrival on Seabourn cruise (Feb 25-26, 2024). Gus was super quick to respond all my emails and he was very flexible. I already knew he could drive/guide us in his vehicle so I inquired if he could handle a group of 10. He informed me it was not a problem as he could rent a 15-passenger van with a driver. 
On Feb 25, we were a group of 7 and we visited Petropolis. We really enjoyed it. Gus was super informative. He is a great teacher, very patient and full of passion.
On Feb 26, we were a group of 9 and we visited the highlights of Rio de Janeiro. What a great time we all had.

Do not hesitate to hire Gus. His English is perfect, he is patient and he will not disappoint you! It is obvious he loves his job. We all loved him.
Chantal and Dennis

IMG_3093.jpeg

Edited by cashmeremypuppydog
  • Like 3

• cashmeremypuppydog changed the title to Rio de Janeiro: Awesome passionate guide with a heart of gold
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2024 at 5:38 AM, cashmeremypuppydog said:
As you might know, it is very important for me to share great drivers/guides as I always do a LOT of research to find the guides/drivers we will be using for our future trips…

I booked Augusto many months ahead of our arrival on Seabourn cruise (Feb 25-26, 2024). Gus was super quick to respond all my emails and he was very flexible. I already knew he could drive/guide us in his vehicle so I inquired if he could handle a group of 10. He informed me it was not a problem as he could rent a 15-passenger van with a driver. 
On Feb 25, we were a group of 7 and we visited Petropolis. We really enjoyed it. Gus was super informative. He is a great teacher, very patient and full of passion.
On Feb 26, we were a group of 9 and we visited the highlights of Rio de Janeiro. What a great time we all had.

Do not hesitate to hire Gus. His English is perfect, he is patient and he will not disappoint you! It is obvious he loves his job. We all loved him.
Chantal and Dennis

IMG_3093.jpeg

We also used Gus just before COVID.  He is wonderful. Nothing was a problem for him. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree that Gus is great. We used him for 2 days in March. When I booked with him, I gave him a list of what we wanted to see and we did all those things plus a couple more that he suggested. His English is very good and he was full of information to make our visit to Rio de Janeiro extra special.