You choose your cabin- get unwanted upgrade

dog

23 minutes ago, katmigordon said:

If we do get upgraded it would just be to another handicap room right?  They wouldn't just take that away from a passenger with needs right?

I’ve not heard anyone that needed an accessible cabin complain about getting an unwanted upgrade.  There’s just too few accessible cabins and they are usually filled with the aging population of cruisers.  

3 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I’ve not heard anyone that needed an accessible cabin complain about getting an unwanted upgrade.  There’s just too few accessible cabins and they are usually filled with the aging population of cruisers.  

I have heard that is has happened. Long ago.

27 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I don't care where the room is located as long as the toilet has bars and the shower has a seat.... Ok, and that it has a balcony as I paid extra for that.

• Like 1

A few years ago the Wife and I plus her sister and husband signed up for a 33 day cruise departing Southhampton.  The sister and her husband signed up on a different day then us.

We both chose cabins that we wanted and were happy.

Fast forward a few months close to departure  I sat down at the Puter to check on our account.

Much to my surprise the cabin number had changed. So, being a ex Boy Scout with map reading skills, I quickly brought up the ship deck plans.

Almost choked on my coffee when I saw that we had been moved--are you ready for this?  Exactly two cabins down the same hall. Called Wife's sister and told her.  She called back later to report her cabin number.

Guess what?  Nope not even close.

They were now next door to us.

So, I guess the Upgrade Fairy must stop by the bar for a few stiff drinks before starting to play on her computer to move folks around. 😁

Bob

• Haha 1

We got "upgraded" on Diamond last year. I caught it fairly quickly and called our TA...the upgrade placed us underneath a noisy venue. We weren't able to get our original carefully chosen room back but we got one close by. I dread to think how it would have gone if I'd not spent so much time checking details, it's not good that this is a normal thing Princess will do. Where is the care for their paying customers in all of this?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Scirocco Breeze said:

We got "upgraded" on Diamond last year. I caught it fairly quickly and called our TA...the upgrade placed us underneath a noisy venue. We weren't able to get our original carefully chosen room back but we got one close by. I dread to think how it would have gone if I'd not spent so much time checking details, it's not good that this is a normal thing Princess will do. Where is the care for their paying customers in all of this?

Agree 100%. The same thing happened to us.