Winter 24/25 flights

Posted (edited)

An update: Tui will be operating their usual suite of flights into and out of Barbados airport on behalf of P&O. Tui have already scheduled their fleet and P&Os charters are not affected by heavy maintenance on the Tui fleet.

This leaves four flights a weekend not covered by Tui. This is usual. Tui have never covered 100% of flights despite what some posters on Facebook believe.

The flights essentially not served by Tui are the Arvia capacity extras which alternate between Antigua and Barbados.

This week Maleth have changed their tune and said they are still negotiating for the remaining flights. I understand that it won’t be Maleth but that won’t be officially confirmed until the new operator is announced. It certainly won’t be SmartLynx A320 and A321s as they don’t have the range or capacity.

Traditionally, Tui use Dreamliners as capacity busters around the med/Canaries in the summer. I understand there is less of this for summer 2024 as their Dreamliners go for heavy maintenance. Together with delays to new 737s, this has caused Tui to seek further short haul wet leases. Again, this is not expected to impact P&O.

Things can change, but that’s the latest update I’ve been given.

Edited by molecrochip
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 9

• 2 weeks later...

This is very interesting. I have noticed that on Arvia there are whole areas of the ship that say the cabins “cabins cannot be released”. No doubt this is because they don’t currently have the flight capacity to match the number of cabins on the ship. Hopefully, once they have signed up with someone, more cabins will be released. 

interesting having just done Arvia we were going to do it again next winter but no flights from Newcastle airport , Po seemed to have fallen out with maleth and their lies the problem , They have built this amazing ship which sails around the west indies but seem to be having difficulties getting people to the ship. Relying on TUI as the charter seems to be having its issues after all they have there own ships and landbased holidays holidays to fill , Thomas cook airlines gone which leaves which long haul charter flight company 

51 minutes ago, CCFC said:

Mine still says "Your flight details are not currently available"

Are your Antigua flights out of Gatwick?

I believe Moley mentioned on the closed Maleth thread that the Britannia Barbados flights were confirmed and signed up with TUI and P&O were looking to source for Arvia, particularly the Antigua sailings.

On 3/3/2024 at 12:13 PM, molecrochip said:

The flights essentially not served by Tui are the Arvia capacity extras which alternate between Antigua and Barbados.

The first post in this thread appears to confirm these are the flights not decided yet.

• Like 2

On 3/15/2024 at 12:09 PM, kruzgal said:

This is very interesting. I have noticed that on Arvia there are whole areas of the ship that say the cabins “cabins cannot be released”. No doubt this is because they don’t currently have the flight capacity to match the number of cabins on the ship. Hopefully, once they have signed up with someone, more cabins will be released. 

No this is because flights arrive on 2 days, so cabins are only available for those flights.

• Like 2